wanna run but afraid of becoming flatter

Watch
cheese toes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
i'm gonna start going on runs because i'm super unfit and my therapist recommended it but i'm mega skinny and flat so i'm worried i'll get even flatter because of the running. is this true? how can i stop this happening?
lgbtdodie
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The only situation in which running would cause you to get a bit flatter would be if you started running regularly but didn't increase your calorie intake a bit, and then you might possibly lose some weight, possibly around your chest. However it is not a guarantee and if you make sure to eat enough, it won't cause that - there's no direct correlation between running and flatter chest, just if you lose weight you could potentially lose some fat there. I wouldn't worry about it if you're just planning on running once a week or something like that, you'll be perfectly fine!
cheese toes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by lgbtdodie)
The only situation in which running would cause you to get a bit flatter would be if you started running regularly but didn't increase your calorie intake a bit, and then you might possibly lose some weight, possibly around your chest. However it is not a guarantee and if you make sure to eat enough, it won't cause that - there's no direct correlation between running and flatter chest, just if you lose weight you could potentially lose some fat there. I wouldn't worry about it if you're just planning on running once a week or something like that, you'll be perfectly fine!
ok phew thank you so much!
Natalie Pate
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My suggestion is, start doing yoga because as said you are mega skinny and flat, that’s why yoga is the best option for you, it will increase your eating efficiency. After you gain good weight then try running.
Nutritionist
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Natalie Pate)
My suggestion is, start doing yoga because as said you are mega skinny and flat, that’s why yoga is the best option for you, it will increase your eating efficiency. After you gain good weight then try running.
What the hell is eating efficiency
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (58)
13.33%
Virtual campus tours/open days (100)
22.99%
Live streaming events (39)
8.97%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (41)
9.43%
A uni comparison tool (100)
22.99%
An in-person event when available (97)
22.3%