My grades for university entry requirements

Watch
starphillips
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I am in my last year of a Level 3 Extended National Diploma in Information Technology, and the university I want to go asks for a DMM. In my first year I got all P's in my units and got a PP overall. If I was to get distinctions in all my units this year, could I still achieve a DMM or would this not be possible now?
jae jae
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You have a long long way to go to get a DDM in your course...
jae jae
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Wait how many units have you done so far?
starphillips
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by jae jae)
Wait how many units have you done so far?
I did 9 units last year and got passes in all of them, but this year I have done 6 units and I have recieved distinctions in all of them, 3 more units left which I plan to get distinctions in.
bamtutor
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It depends on the exam grades as well (if it is an NQF / RQF course rather than the old QCF). Download the relevant BTEC grade calculator from the link below (it doesn't work on Mac or phones). Select your course and out in the grades you have for all of the units. Then put in P, M or D for the ones you have yet to complete. This will then show you the overall final grade; https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...alculator.html
jae jae
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by starphillips)
I did 9 units last year and got passes in all of them, but this year I have done 6 units and I have recieved distinctions in all of them, 3 more units left which I plan to get distinctions in.
Oh...

Based on what you told me I don’t think you’ll get a DDM.

However, when applying to unis you can do a foundation year because the entry requirements are very low.
starphillips
Rep:
?
Oh...

Based on what you told me I don’t think you’ll get a DDM.

However, when applying to unis you can do a foundation year because the entry requirements are very low.
No I need a DMM, or would that also not be possible
starphillips
Rep:
?
(Original post by bamtutor)
It depends on the exam grades as well (if it is an NQF / RQF course rather than the old QCF). Download the relevant BTEC grade calculator from the link below (it doesn't work on Mac or phones). Select your course and out in the grades you have for all of the units. Then put in P, M or D for the ones you have yet to complete. This will then show you the overall final grade; https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...alculator.html
Hi
Thank you, I tried to do this but for Information Technology it only says that there are 13 units, but I'm doing 18 units in total. Also, some of the names of units on the grade calulator do not match up to the names of mine, does this matter?
jae jae
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No I need a DMM, or would that also not be possible
Wait do you know your UCAS tariff points? If so what is it.
starphillips
Rep:
?
Wait do you know your UCAS tariff points? If so what is it.
I have to get 112 UCAS points. For my first year I got a PP so I think I got 32 UCAS points, but I'm not sure how many I have gotten for this year
bamtutor
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I have to get 112 UCAS points. For my first year I got a PP so I think I got 32 UCAS points, but I'm not sure how many I have gotten for this year
As I said 2 hours ago; Downlaod and complete the grade calculator and it will tell you. You need to know how many points you got for each exam so ask your Exams officer if you don't know this.
starphillips
Rep:
?
As I said 2 hours ago; Downlaod and complete the grade calculator and it will tell you. You need to know how many points you got for each exam so ask your Exams officer if you don't know this.
As I said 2 hours ago; thank you, I tried to do this but for Information Technology on the Extended Diploma grade calculator, it only says that there are 13 units, but I'm doing 18 units in total. Also, some of the names of units on the grade calulator do not match up to the names of mine, does this matter?
Michael037
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
As they said two hours ago, you daft idiot. The grade tracker obviously isn’t working for them.
Michael037
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
From my calculations you will be absolutely safe if you get all distinctions in your final year in your course. Don’t worry, keep up the good work you star ⭐️
bamtutor
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
As I said 2 hours ago; thank you, I tried to do this but for Information Technology on the Extended Diploma grade calculator, it only says that there are 13 units, but I'm doing 18 units in total. Also, some of the names of units on the grade calulator do not match up to the names of mine, does this matter?
-Iq didn't see that reply. As you are doing the old QCF course the tracker won't work. You need to do it manually by using the tables on Pages 32 and 33 of the specification which is at: https://qualifications.pearson.com/e....html#%2Ftab-4
bamtutor
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Michael037)
From my calculations you will be absolutely safe if you get all distinctions in your final year in your course. Don’t worry, keep up the good work you star ⭐️
-Iq didn't see that reply. As you are doing the old QCF course the tracker won't work. You need to do it manually by using the tables on Pages 32 and 33 of the specification which is at: https://qualifications.pearson.com/e....html#%2Ftab-4
if you get 9 Distinctions this year you will get DMM
Michael037
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
if you get 9 Distinctions this year you will get DMM
As I said
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (26)
13.83%
Virtual campus tours/open days (43)
22.87%
Live streaming events (17)
9.04%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (18)
9.57%
A uni comparison tool (42)
22.34%
An in-person event when available (42)
22.34%