Elon Musk is irresponsible for promoting worthless investments to average people

Watch
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Exceptionally well put by Bremmer here, with Musk, Portnoy et al. being thoroughly irresponsible in their creation of market bubbles.
Don't get me wrong, Gamestop was entertaining to watch the tossers on Wallstreet get sucker punched but the fallout from that is starting to be seen now with at least 1 person having committed suicide thanks to his trading with Robinhood and countless others being financially ruined thanks to the bubbles. This is all the more so with Elons fetishisation of 'doge coin' - something that is beyond worthless and has absolutely no use whatsoever. At least bitcoin is an accepted currency and can be used (even if it is freakishly volatile). A bit more care needs to be exercised by such people.

https://youtu.be/jWJWWJcmZ_U?t=292
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Personally I have no issue with Musk throwing his money around as he wishes however your GameStop point does remind one of the 1920's, granted most of these people would probably be investing anyway.

The bigger question is whether this is indicative of the belief in the system being rigged. Even those with money to invest being enraged enough to pump the bubble.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (57)
13.9%
Virtual campus tours/open days (95)
23.17%
Live streaming events (38)
9.27%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (39)
9.51%
A uni comparison tool (92)
22.44%
An in-person event when available (89)
21.71%