allhailphantom
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
For this paper, you will choose a set of memories to write about in detail. As the title suggests, each memory should represent a “snapshot” of a specific moment in your life, one that you convey in particular detail. These snapshots should enable readers to understand how you have come to be a college student taking an online class; in other words, they should help us understand you as a literate person seeking the additional literacy that a college education provides. Try to come up with memories and snapshots that are unique to your life. In other words, avoid obvious moments like your high school graduation or your first day of class in elementary school. Also, make sure each snapshot represents one moment in time, just as a photograph does. You can briefly gesture to past and future events within the snapshot, but these gestures must relate to the specific moment the snapshot captures. I DONT HAVE ANY GOOD MEMORIES SO CAN I HAVE SOME OF YOURS?
elamle
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
they don't need to be like, incredible or impressive memories. Check out Raymond Carter's 'Short cuts', its a really great book that that explored types of moments in 'every day life' of 'average' characters. Sometimes the most nuanced writing comes from exploring the more subtle, quiet moments. good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (72)
28.02%
England (89)
34.63%
Belgium (20)
7.78%
Germany (31)
12.06%
Spain (3)
1.17%