coughing after run

Watch
cheese toes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
i went for a run for the first time in forever basically and after i couldn't stop coughing and it hurt to hold it in. anyone know why?is it just because i'm unfit? and how i can prevent this from happening in the future?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by cheese toes)
i went for a run for the first time in forever basically and after i couldn't stop coughing and it hurt to hold it in. anyone know why?is it just because i'm unfit? and how i can prevent this from happening in the future?
Possibly because you aren't used to running, your throat probably got dry - were you drinking water as you ran? It's important to keep yourself hydrated, even just sipping on water during your run can help. Also make sure you aren't pushing yourself too far - don't immediately go running for miles or too fast or without stopping. Ease yourself in to it and you'll find it gets easier
JaseyB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by cheese toes)
I would say it's because you are not used to running bear in mind I don't know your medical record, it will get better the more used to it you get, as DrawTheLine said don't push yourself too hard.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (58)
13.33%
Virtual campus tours/open days (100)
22.99%
Live streaming events (39)
8.97%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (41)
9.43%
A uni comparison tool (100)
22.99%
An in-person event when available (97)
22.3%