username5635628
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
im in year 9 and i have to choose my gcse options by the end of next week. i plan on doing history, art and spanish, and i get to choose between doing triple or combined science, which one do you think i should do considering i dont like science that much?
user56789
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
urmm if you don't like science then a combined science is like a double grade for example 4-4
as combines science would u give a grade 1-5
combined science is easy and if u don't need science in the future choose combines science....

well triple science is hard and like good its like for people who likes science and its like a single grade like - biology 4 , chemistry 5 or physics - 6?
triple is hard / if u want to become an doctor for example you would need to do triple science.....
in tripe science u could get a grade 1-9

hope this helped xx
EpicStudentous
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by axelotl_)
im in year 9 and i have to choose my gcse options by the end of next week. i plan on doing history, art and spanish, and i get to choose between doing triple or combined science, which one do you think i should do considering i dont like science that much?
wdym if you don't like science then don't do triple lmao.
EpicStudentous
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by EpicStudentous)
wdym if you don't like science then don't do triple lmao.
ppl at my school were forced to do triple
sorrymenotyou
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
well yeah if you don't like it dont do it but you've go to think about what you want to do in the future- if you want to do something like medicine then triple would be better- but yeah some schools force some of their students who are getting higher grades to do triple lol
og-icon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
If you want a career in science then chose triple if you are good in science chose triple you should be at least getting over 70 percents in your tests right now, triple science is just more content heavy, the thing is do you you enjoy science as you will be having a lot of lessons about it if you choose triple if you don’t really have a interest on science the next defo combined
linedpaper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by user56789)
urmm if you don't like science then a combined science is like a double grade for example 4-4
as combines science would u give a grade 1-5
combined science is easy and if u don't need science in the future choose combines science....

triple is hard / if u want to become an doctor for example you would need to do triple science.....
in tripe science u could get a grade 1-9
This is just wrong if I'm reading this correctly.
In Combined science you can get grades 1-9, although obviously it's a double grade.
You can get 1-9 in Triple but as you said it's separate grades.
Both of the options have foundation (1-5) and higher (3-9) tiers.
You don't need to do triple science GCSE to become a doctor. Plenty of people do combined and then go onto study science A levels. Please don't give people false information.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.34%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.64%

Watched Threads