University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

history at birmingham

anyone applied for history? I've got my offer and rlly like brum :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
anyone applied for history? I've got my offer and rlly like brum :smile:

I have! Although its a joint honours with Ancient History and Archaeology as well. I've put UoB as my firm :smile:
Are you thinking of firming it or are there other unis you like as much?
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Original post by LucaHumphreys
I have! Although its a joint honours with Ancient History and Archaeology as well. I've put UoB as my firm :smile:
Are you thinking of firming it or are there other unis you like as much?

Hi!!! I think Birmingham is my favourite at the moment but I also like York. wbu?
Hi!!! I think Birmingham is my favourite at the moment but I also like York. wbu?

I've firmed Birmingham because I thought it was awesome tbh. I put my insurance as Exeter but the grade requirements are basically the same lol
You been looking at any accommodation at all?
Reply 4
I've firmed Birmingham because I thought it was awesome tbh. I put my insurance as Exeter but the grade requirements are basically the same lol
You been looking at any accommodation at all?

I've looked on the uni website but its kinda hard to get a proper feel for it. From stuff I've read I think I wanna be on the Vale cos it seems like more of a community atmosphere (maybe tennis court?) but I'm honestly not sure. I think I will firm Birmingham though I really love it!! Wbu? any opinions on accomodation?
Original post by ALoth
I've looked on the uni website but its kinda hard to get a proper feel for it. From stuff I've read I think I wanna be on the Vale cos it seems like more of a community atmosphere (maybe tennis court?) but I'm honestly not sure. I think I will firm Birmingham though I really love it!! Wbu? any opinions on accomodation?

Yeah Ik what you mean, I would have loved to actually visit it. I did look at the Vale and Tennis Court in particular, but i've gotta be careful on my budget lol. I looked at Calthorpe Court because that was quite nice, and it was relatively cheap. Although most of the accommodation is really nice so I'm happy I got time to decide
You looking for big flats or smaller ones?
Reply 6
Yeah Ik what you mean, I would have loved to actually visit it. I did look at the Vale and Tennis Court in particular, but i've gotta be careful on my budget lol. I looked at Calthorpe Court because that was quite nice, and it was relatively cheap. Although most of the accommodation is really nice so I'm happy I got time to decide
You looking for big flats or smaller ones?

I'm not rlly too bothered about flat size tbh i think leaning towards like 6 ppl ish? When do we have to pick accommodation by?
I'm not rlly too bothered about flat size tbh i think leaning towards like 6 ppl ish? When do we have to pick accommodation by?

I'm not entirely sure but I think its the summer. I think what happens is they have to properly accept you after results, and then if your firmed them you get to choose first? I think that's how it works
I’ve put Bham as my insurance for History :smile:
Original post by blueamaraxx
I’ve put Bham as my insurance for History :smile:

Hi! What uni did you out as your firm?
Hi! What uni did you out as your firm?

Warwick!
I'm not entirely sure but I think its the summer. I think what happens is they have to properly accept you after results, and then if your firmed them you get to choose first? I think that's how it works

Are you thinking of joining any sports teams or societies?
Original post by blueamaraxx
Warwick!

I did apply for warwick but I had never really seen it so it was never a real choice for me you know? Are you doing a straight history course?
Are you thinking of joining any sports teams or societies?

Yes definitely! Best way to get to know people :smile: I wanna join some sports teams, possibly like football and might just have a look at some others. Not too sure on what societies there are, but I suppose they'll be something for everyone, so I'm gonna look and see what I like. Wbu?
Yes definitely! Best way to get to know people :smile: I wanna join some sports teams, possibly like football and might just have a look at some others. Not too sure on what societies there are, but I suppose they'll be something for everyone, so I'm gonna look and see what I like. Wbu?

Me too! I want to join the swim team and theres a 50m pool which is amazing. I think it'll be a good place to meet lots of people. Are you thinking of doing a year abroad or anything? I rlly want to do something abroad but I'm not sure
Me too! I want to join the swim team and theres a 50m pool which is amazing. I think it'll be a good place to meet lots of people. Are you thinking of doing a year abroad or anything? I rlly want to do something abroad but I'm not sure

I didnt apply for the year abroad course, but I would definitely like to do something abroad tbh. Thats part of the reason why i liked the Birmingham course, because for the Ancient History side its compulsory to go somewhere second year, which is really exciting. If you had to go anywhere, where would you go?
I didnt apply for the year abroad course, but I would definitely like to do something abroad tbh. Thats part of the reason why i liked the Birmingham course, because for the Ancient History side its compulsory to go somewhere second year, which is really exciting. If you had to go anywhere, where would you go?

That's rlly exciting! Ye, I didn't apply for the year abroad course but I think I will go somewhere hopefully, maybe Sydney because I have family there or maybe somewhere in the US as long as its in some type of city or something.
That's rlly exciting! Ye, I didn't apply for the year abroad course but I think I will go somewhere hopefully, maybe Sydney because I have family there or maybe somewhere in the US as long as its in some type of city or something.

Damn you have family in Sydney? Thats awesome ngl
The US would be quite a cool place to go to tbh. I really would like to travel to different places, which probably isnt possible but would still be really cool.
You ever been to Australia then?
Damn you have family in Sydney? Thats awesome ngl
The US would be quite a cool place to go to tbh. I really would like to travel to different places, which probably isnt possible but would still be really cool.
You ever been to Australia then?

I've been to Aus once before and it was the best trip ever. My aunt, uncle and cousin live in Sydney so I feel like that would make being so far away from home a lot easier.
Me too! If I could I would spend some time in loads of different places but I don't speak any other languages (I don't think GCSE spanish counts haha) so I'm a bit limited by that!
I've been to Aus once before and it was the best trip ever. My aunt, uncle and cousin live in Sydney so I feel like that would make being so far away from home a lot easier.
Me too! If I could I would spend some time in loads of different places but I don't speak any other languages (I don't think GCSE spanish counts haha) so I'm a bit limited by that!

Of course GCSE spanish counts! You'll be able to tell people about what your bedroom looks like lmao. Seriously tho GCSE languages were pointless ennit. I do French at A level atm, and its soooooo difficult in lockdown, so im relying on Duolingo lol.
Would you like to learn any different languages?

Quick Reply