Rawlc
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi,I was just wondering if anyone could offer some advice on what to do / what not to do on a CV aimed at the financial sector?I am a newly qualified accountant, looking to move out of practice and in to industry.Thanks.
Thornton_P
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My only piece of advice is don't be afraid to put some effort in, even if it takes a little more time. The only time I got any response was when I tailored the CV to the keywords in the job description rather than leaving it pretty generic.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Make time to put the effort in. Adapt your resume to the industry and the type of job in question. Focus on the kind of key skills and qualities required by the company. Practice your interview skills beforehand and develop a effective method of answering interview questions. Hone your interview technique.
Get some type of feedback as well, a written feedback sheet detailing all of your areas of weaknesses and strengths as well as information on how to improve is one way of doing so. Or a short feedback evaluation typed up report describing the actual interview, events in addition. You can also try to formally evaluate yourself orally. Borrow or order interview preparation books for your bedtime reading. Use the helpful handy tips and information to develop and grow as a person overall.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (597)
49.18%
No (617)
50.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed