The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

placement year with cifas mark

so I'm doing foundation accounting and finance course at the University of Salford so its 5 years including a placement year but I have a cifas mark and I'm worried in my 4th year they're not going to let me do a placement year because of the mark. the cifas mark expires at the end of my fourth year and I was wondering if I can do the full course first then do my placement year in my last year so there won't be a problem with the employer. I would love your advice.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by nat424
so I'm doing foundation accounting and finance course at the University of Salford so its 5 years including a placement year but I have a cifas mark and I'm worried in my 4th year they're not going to let me do a placement year because of the mark. the cifas mark expires at the end of my fourth year and I was wondering if I can do the full course first then do my placement year in my last year so there won't be a problem with the employer. I would love your advice.

First of all, I would have thought it depends on why you got the marker, and if you can reasonably explain it to the future employer. but I would think it's highly unlikely you'll get the course structure rearranged just for you. Can you not switch onto an equivalent course without the placement year?
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
First of all, I would have thought it depends on why you got the marker, and if you can reasonably explain it to the future employer. but I would think it's highly unlikely you'll get the course structure rearranged just for you. Can you not switch onto an equivalent course without the placement year?

I've decided to not do a placement year but instead do a masters. my cifas expires in august 2025 I will finish uni in summer of 2026 so I have one year to get my life back on track I'm just worried my future employers may be able to see it. do you think it will effect me in any way after it expires?
Original post by nat424
I've decided to not do a placement year but instead do a masters. my cifas expires in august 2025 I will finish uni in summer of 2026 so I have one year to get my life back on track I'm just worried my future employers may be able to see it. do you think it will effect me in any way after it expires?

From what I've seen, once it's gone, it has gone! So try not to worry about it too much. It's a shame to let something like that decide how you live your life. Let it be a lesson, and don't get another one!
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
From what I've seen, once it's gone, it has gone! So try not to worry about it too much. It's a shame to let something like that decide how you live your life. Let it be a lesson, and don't get another one!

of course not, my mistake stays in the past never will I do this again. thanks for your help
Reply 5
Original post by nat424
of course not, my mistake stays in the past never will I do this again. thanks for your help

Im in exactly position as you, im just wondering how did you get a bank account for university?
Reply 6
Original post by nat424

Just a question, with your cifas marker what bank do you use? I'm in the same position, im pretty sure for getting a job u should be FINE if its not in the financial sector like banking accounting ect, so dont worry. Im just unsure where to apply and do student finance pay into prepaid cards? Just wondering thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending