Need help with GCSE Revision (Year 10)

Watch
CptGarrforest
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Does anybody know any good revision techniques? I've attempted hire a tutor however most of them aren't helpful especially if it's online.

Furthermore, I've made a revision timetable however usually I'm not as motivated to continue revising, and I'm currently in need for some good motivation techniques to continue revising. With my GCSE's next year (2022) I want to improve my grades and aim for around 8C-9A especially in subjects such as Combined Science and Maths.
og-icon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by CptGarrforest)
Does anybody know any good revision techniques? I've attempted hire a tutor however most of them aren't helpful especially if it's online.

Furthermore, I've made a revision timetable however usually I'm not as motivated to continue revising, and I'm currently in need for some good motivation techniques to continue revising. With my GCSE's next year (2022) I want to improve my grades and aim for around 8C-9A especially in subjects such as Combined Science and Maths.
Hello I recommend you go to Youtube and put on a 1 hour study with me, that motivates me to study, use resources such as BBC Bitesize, MME, savemyexams, Physics and maths tutor if you are doing AQA then for science use AQA Spec make revision more fun so to do this you could do a 30 minute timed session and 5 min break and repeat. Also studying with no distractions and have the right Productive space. Watch Ali Abdal on youtube for more tips hope thiss helps
akshayaax
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hey! Revision guides are really helpful - they contains key points you need to know and usually have practice questions + answers to test yourself.(also would recommend buying used ones as they're cheaper and have notes from other people which could benefit you) Some revision guides are :
The Collins AQA GCSE 9-1 Bio, Chem and Physics Revision Guides.
The CGP AQA GCSE 9-1 Bio, Chem and Physics Revision Guides.
If you don't want to spend money buying them, then here are some links to channels which help with science :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqb...Xw9Il7sBVG3_bw - goes over each topic following AQA Spec - each video can be split onto flashcards which you can test yourself with.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBg...R4QIK2e0EfJwaA - goes over the whole of bio, chem and physics p1&2 in 1 hour videos
Hope it helps! Good luck!!
CptGarrforest
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Cheers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (7)
30.43%
No (16)
69.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed