callum aldous
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
if i was earning 9k a year do you think i can buy a car and run it at 17 year old like say i have £150 spare a mouth is that good thats after paying board and lounging and for insurance and fuel ?? inusrrance be typically 3k + for 17 and i think i may but i dont if £150 a mouth (im still living at home so im not paying for my food that comes under board and lougings)
just give rough idea im planning getting a corsa 1.2 cheap and easy to matian good and cheap to change parts (going to get used one as more expensive when they are brand new)
Last edited by callum aldous; 2 weeks ago
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yeah at 17 I was working part-time at KFC on the weekends, the pay was enough to get my first cheap car (Honda Civic) and maintain it for a couple years.
Fox Hound
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by callum aldous)
if i was earning 9k a year do you think i can buy a car and run it at 17 year old like say i have £150 spare a mouth is that good thats after paying board and lounging and for insurance and fuel ??
Don't ask yourself if you can, ask yourself why. Do you really need a car? What would you use it for? I think you should wait until you earn more money because the last thing you want is for something unexpected to come up and you end up resorting to credit, but as long as you're sensible then yeah, £150 sounds ok.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (408)
52.31%
No (372)
47.69%

Watched Threads