I graduated with a 1st in Criminology and Criminal Psychology. Ask me anything :)

Watch
Submarine94
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I'll be happy to help to the best of my knowledge. I understand some teachers/lecturers can be super busy right now, but I'm here if anyone has any questions regarding Criminology
Khuram4253
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi
Khuram4253
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I want to do something is criminology but I admitted in llm in law
Submarine94
Rep:
?
(Original post by Khuram4253)
Hi
Hello!
Submarine94
Rep:
?
(Original post by Khuram4253)
I want to do something is criminology but I admitted in llm in law
So are you thinking of changing course?
Independerella
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What career aspects are you looking at with a criminology degree? The topic really interests me but I do not want to be a police officer.
Submarine94
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Independerella)
What career aspects are you looking at with a criminology degree? The topic really interests me but I do not want to be a police officer.
Oh okay so there's loaaaaaads of professions that you can go into with a Criminology degree, policing is just one of them but definitely not the only one. You can become a prison officer, probation officer, border force officer, customs officer, work for the Home Office, or you can even carry on your education and embark on an MA (Masters degree) in Criminology and then do a PhD in Criminology which would allow and qualify you to become a Dr in Criminology, so you can basically teach Criminology in university as a Criminology Lecturer. Personally, I'd like to work somewhere which has a mixture of interacting with victims and offenders.
zannatk29
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hello! I am thinking about studying Criminology but I am not sure if it's worth it? What are your thoughts on it? Did you find your course to be satisfying and now that you are done, what job are you pursuing?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
37.95%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (20)
10.26%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.15%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (48)
24.62%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.82%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.21%

Watched Threads