Weight loss help

Watch
isobel-M16
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I currently weigh just under 13 pounds and I'm 5'7. I'm really insecure about how I look and I have tried many ways to lose weight including; not eating, diets, workouts and nothing seems to be working.
Also, I am trying to get out of the habit of being disappointed when I don't see results straight away (a few weeks).
Can someone please give any tips/help they may have.
((I would be happy at around 11(-) stone.))
Thanks
lalalandoo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by isobel-M16)
I currently weigh just under 13 pounds and I'm 5'7. I'm really insecure about how I look and I have tried many ways to lose weight including; not eating, diets, workouts and nothing seems to be working.
Also, I am trying to get out of the habit of being disappointed when I don't see results straight away (a few weeks).
Thanks
umm....hi but what? no offence but youre under 13 pounds(5.8) and 5'7....and want to lose weight?.....sis that's not normal
JaseyB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thanks
I am going to assume you meant to say 13stone not 13pounds, you need to eat in a calorie deficit and give it a lot of time a few weeks isn't much time.The nearer you get to the "goal" the longer it will take to shed the pounds, just the way it is. Have patience with yourself.
Alternatively just be sure to eat healthily, making certain you are getting all the nutrients you need (vitamins and minerals), and limiting things that are saturated in fat, mainly things that are fried to a couple times a week at best, same with treats like cakes biscuits chocolates still have them just don't have a lot of them.
isobel-M16
Rep:
?
(Original post by lalalandoo)
umm....hi but what? no offence but youre under 13 pounds(5.8) and 5'7....and want to lose weight?.....sis that's not normal
Hi sorry, meant 13 stone.
isobel-M16
Rep:
?
(Original post by JaseyB)
I am going to assume you meant to say 13stone not 13pounds, you need to eat in a calorie deficit and give it a lot of time a few weeks isn't much time.The nearer you get to the "goal" the longer it will take to shed the pounds, just the way it is. Have patience with yourself.
Alternatively just be sure to eat healthily, making certain you are getting all the nutrients you need (vitamins and minerals), and limiting things that are saturated in fat, mainly things that are fried to a couple times a week at best, same with treats like cakes biscuits chocolates still have them just don't have a lot of them.
Yeah sorry, meant 13 stone. I actually barely eat. I eat 1 meal a day - Dinner. I don't actually eat chocolate or many sweet things. Thank you for the advice. Do you have any workout tips as I find it hard to motivate myself, especially in a busy house in lockdown.
Thanks again
lalalandoo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi sorry, meant 13 stone.
oh alright...i suggest that you try doing at least 100 jumping jacks every day,I know it can be hard if you're lazy like me...lol but you can do 50 first then rest for a while then do another 50...also try jump-roping as well, hope it helps
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What types of food, snacks and drinks do you consume? :confused:
Are you homecooking most of your meals from scratch?
How much daily exercise do you do and what type of exercises?

I wouldn't recommend that anyone only eat one daily meal.
It is generally better to aim to eat two daily meals served in reasonable portion sizes & cooked from scratched, drink lots of unflavoured still water and consume a freshly prepared raw salad containing no cheese or mayo.

I'm size 8, 5'1 and the same weight I was as a 13 year old.
I've been helping an obese hate crime survivor lose weight over the pandemic through changes to diet, short youtube workouts and swimming several times a week.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah sorry, meant 13 stone. I actually barely eat. I eat 1 meal a day - Dinner. I don't actually eat chocolate or many sweet things. Thank you for the advice. Do you have any workout tips as I find it hard to motivate myself, especially in a busy house in lockdown.
Thanks again
You are still growing and developing and 1 meal a day is nowhere near enough to give you the energy and nutrition that you need. You will make yourself seriously ill if you continue like this. Tell your family and get professional medical help.
isobel-M16
Rep:
?
(Original post by Surnia)
You are still growing and developing and 1 meal a day is nowhere near enough to give you the energy and nutrition that you need. You will make yourself seriously ill if you continue like this. Tell your family and get professional medical help.
Hi, thanks for your advice and concern. I know its bad but I'm getting better. I go through spells like this regularly. As I am a college student, I don't really get much time for myself and just forget to eat. Sorry for any worries I may have caused. I'm just looking for some tips. If you have any meal recommendations, lifestyle tips, workouts ect
Thanks again and sorry for any triggers I may have caused.
JaseyB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thanks again
The biggest workout tip I could give to anyone is tell yourself "doing something is better than doing nothing." Other than that look into things such as bodyweight exercises or strength training using household items if you don't have weights, try to do this once or twice a week take it slow and build your own routine(s), and go for a 4 to 5 mile walk twice a week, try to walk at a faster pace for as much of it as you can.
When it comes to exercise finding something that you enjoy is the key to keeping at it.
DFGH1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thanks
When I cut weight I usually do a 500 calorie deficit so workout your maintenance calories using a tdee calculator (not absolutely accurate tho) and take 500 calories off. make sure you count your calories using an app like my fitness pal cause in my first cut I found out that lots of what I was eating had loads of calories. Also make sure you eat enough as well, get enough protein carbs and fibre and you'll feel much healthier. As for motivation, who tf knows, I've lost all of mine and probs all my strength as well but id just stay consistent as it may take a couple months. Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (58)
13.33%
Virtual campus tours/open days (100)
22.99%
Live streaming events (39)
8.97%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (41)
9.43%
A uni comparison tool (100)
22.99%
An in-person event when available (97)
22.3%