MatureStudent244
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi,

I wondered if anyone could help.

A couple of years ago I completed an access to he diploma but I did not do well due to a family bereavement and left with mainly passes.

I really want to study nursing, and as a mature student I’m unsure how to go about this or what to do.

I was thinking or waiting for the off chance that it goes into clearing but again I don’t feel I’d make the requirements.

Any advice on how to improve or re-do my level 3 or anything like that would be excellent. Thank you.
Roseygirl1234
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I think it might be best for you to contact some Unis individually because entry requirements can differ. However, there are several access courses that can help you get into uni if they won't let you in with passes.
Tracey_W
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by MatureStudent244)
Hi,

I wondered if anyone could help.

A couple of years ago I completed an access to he diploma but I did not do well due to a family bereavement and left with mainly passes.

I really want to study nursing, and as a mature student I’m unsure how to go about this or what to do.

I was thinking or waiting for the off chance that it goes into clearing but again I don’t feel I’d make the requirements.

Any advice on how to improve or re-do my level 3 or anything like that would be excellent. Thank you.
Hi
Firstly look at the universities you wanting to do nursing at ok and see what there minimum entry requirements are and then contact them and discuss things with them about what you got and what would you need to get a offer on nursing.
What level 3 have you got as only said HE diploma but not which one it is !!!

I'm a qualified midwife and if you wish PM ok but do look at contacting the universities first or even UCAS maybe !!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.8%
Excited but a bit nervous (122)
45.86%
Not bothered either way (34)
12.78%
I'm really nervous (52)
19.55%

Watched Threads