Turn on thread page Beta

'Irish Question' A2 OCR history watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hello

studying for A2 theme 'Irish question' at the moment and i was wondering if there was any one out there that had or is studying for the same paper

any suggestions on how to revise?
    tips on key themes

or anything really related to it would be much appreciated...there seems to be so few people doing this option if there’s any one out there it would just be nice to know im not alone

ReputationRep:
    I did it last year at AS so its probably different
    The main themes I concentrated on were the tactics of the Liberals and Conservatives, eg whether the Libs actually cared by 1912..or they just introduced HRule as a corrupt bargain wiv Redmond. This would lead to the question of Asquith as a good leader and his method of wait n see esp. leading to the curragh mutiny
    I also concentrated on the fear of Nationalists and Unionists and the fact that neither would even attempt to compromise. Also not even moderate and extreme nationalists would compromise. I would add in the leadership and determination of Craig and Carson..
    Im sorry..thats all I can remember.. :hmpf: I forget like everything after ive revised and Ive given my notes to someone else for revision.. plus it depends what time frame ur studying
    Good luck xxx

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the reply....i think what you did was different...it sounds a little more like what I’m used to so I wish I was doing that instead!!!!
    ..this paper is unlike from anything iv ever done

..i have to learn 100 years of Irish history and then write about it thematically in the exam

e.g. if they give me a que on land I have to go through a 100 years and pull out the relevant bits

argh
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bone-machine)
    thanks for the reply....i think what you did was different...it sounds a little more like what I’m used to so I wish I was doing that instead!!!!

..i have to learn 100 years of Irish history and then write about it thematically in the exam

e.g. if they give me a que on land I have to go through a 100 years and pull out the relevant bits

argh
    xx
    :eek: good luck! Ill have to do that in my unit 5 exam.. Ahhh..exams are so annoying!

argh
    xx
    Are you studying Irish history from an Irish perspective or a British perspective because the sources would differ greatly?

ReputationRep:

argh
    xx
    yep I think that's my topic.. just getting back to it after coursework last term - I can barely remember anything so I can't help you, sorry! ask me in about a week or so..

ReputationRep:
    My school is doing Ireland as Coursework, anyone else taking this as coursework or you just sitting the exam?

ReputationRep:
    Well, we're doing the Irish question and its relation to Lord Liverpool and Robert Peel's governments. I could help you on that aspect of Irish history.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that would be good. Anything about Irish Nationalism; Conservative Catholicism and Political Radicalism?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm doing Ireland. I have split my revision up into themes ; constitutional nationalism ie.o'connell, parnell, IPP and h/r 1912. then revolutionary nationalism ie.1798, 1801, 1848, 1869, 1916, and michael collins. then unionism so you've got the development of the orange order into the UVF, the Ulster covenant and their reaction to home rule in 1912-carson. then britains reaction to ireland, and economics, coz in jan there was a question about agriculture and industry. But remember - its breadth not depth - so always in the back of your mind, be picking out themes and highlighting where there is continutity, development and change. I'm still a little confused about how to structure the exam, so any help there would be grrreat

ReputationRep:

argh
    xx
    I do CCEA and our Module 5 is a paper where we have to take in 1800-1900 and comment on all three strands of nationalism in Ireland (constitutional, revolutionary and cultural), then Module 6 is the sourcework exercise and we have to learn 1900-1925 in Ireland in detail. I am Irish though, which makes things a little easier- I've heard it all before! :rolleyes:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 15, 2005

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.