?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Last edited by studycabin; 2 weeks ago
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That's dangerously low. Go to your GP and seek help.
ruqaiyahhhhhx
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by gtty123)
That's dangerously low. Go to your GP and seek help.
get help*
studycabin
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
(Original post by ruqaiyahhhhhx)
get help*
I don't think I need to go to the GP. I feel completely and utterly fine
hakim667
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Unless you’re GP has prescribed a very low calorie diet, you need to stop that rubbish bro. You are messing horribly with your metabolism.

The problem is with such low calories, you lack crucial vitamins and certain nutrients which leave you susceptible to things like heart palpitations which could kill you.

You aren’t loosing much weight, not with a diet like that, and chances are if your not obese, the weight you have “quickly” lost is mainly water weight and muscle. Let’s not also forget about once you hit your target weight. Once that happens, what will likely occur after that is you eating a normal amount of calories for that weight.

After that, it’s likely you will gain weight again due to a very very low “survival mode” BMR, which would put you in a massive calorie surplus.

At the very least up your calories to 1200 calories bro. And make sure you are fully hydrated. And also make sure that once a week you consume 2500 calories in one day, this is to make sure you kickstart your metabolism as it will likely slow down due to the calorie deficit. Also, even by having that 2500 calories one day a week, you’ll still be at a massive calorie deficit which will result in weight loss.

800 calories is dangerously low. And you won’t be benefitting much in terms of weight loss.
ruqaiyahhhhhx
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by studycabin)
oh wait i didnt mean you i just say get help to everyone ahha f*ck i sound crazy LOOOOOL . just be careful with how much youre eating 800 is very low.... maybe take it to 1200?
Goku's Hairbrush
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
so I've be nearly two weeks now and I've felt no affect. I'm thinking of bringing it down to 700 calories...how much weight on average would I lose?
if youre trying to lose weight try a more sustainable approach, you may lose like 7kg a month like this but when you start eating normally again it will build up again... try a 500 deficit from recommended. Or just try burn more calories through exercise. Assuming youre a girl because a donny wouldve died by now loool
Goku's Hairbrush
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
youll feel fine until you hit low blood glucose and faint. Or you get severe vitamin deficiencies that can harm your body processes. Just dont do this stupid bs
gtty123
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
get help*
Nope. Seek help works better.
ruqaiyahhhhhx
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by gtty123)
Nope. Seek help works better.
no get help
gtty123
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
no get help
I'm not going to argue with someone who has the intelligence of a brick. It's 'seek help'.
jackmarshal757
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yeah, no.

You don’t feel fine
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Very dangerous.

NHS > Very low calorie diets

"Very low calorie diets should only be followed under medical supervision for a maximum of 12 weeks. Do not follow a very low calorie diet unless a GP has suggested it to you."
something_orphic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
This is disordered eating behaviour. What happens if you don't eat enough calories is that you end up binging and bloating and then when enviably you have to eat more your metabolism gets messed up and that means you gain loads of weight. So stop now. You need a minimum of 1,200 calories (preferably more). It doesn't matter how determined you are, you end up binging.
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
no get help
I'm siding with "seek help" here.
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
OP you should do the 5:2 diet instead, it's far more sustainable.
studycabin
Rep:
?
(Original post by jackmarshal757)
Yeah, no.

You don’t feel fine
Yeah, no. I do feel fine
studycabin
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bio 7)
OP you should do the 5:2 diet instead, it's far more sustainable.
by what I've read it seems as though you still put on weight or maintain they weight you have because you are still eating the same amount five days a week?
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
by what I've read it seems as though you still put on weight or maintain they weight you have because you are still eating the same amount five days a week?
Calculate an amount to maintain bodyweight and have that 5 days a week or knock off a few hundred calories so you still get enough and eat up to 500 twice a week and it's effective.
jackmarshal757
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What is your current weight now?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (62)
12.97%
Virtual campus tours/open days (111)
23.22%
Live streaming events (44)
9.21%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (46)
9.62%
A uni comparison tool (108)
22.59%
An in-person event when available (107)
22.38%