Pat_wisdom95
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I've applied for primary education and for the interview I might be asked to discuss current education issues, anybody know any key issues or places to read about them? Most I read are secondary or higher. Would anyone be able to help me/point me in the right direction ? Thanks
MrD_Teaches
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey Pat,

The biggest issue is staring right at us (the pandemic). You can get daily news around COVID/Education sector by reading Tes News - https://www.tes.com/news

You'll also find other articles on there which are current and you could equally talk about these too.

Good luck with your interview!
University of Strathclyde
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Pat_wisdom95)
I've applied for primary education and for the interview I might be asked to discuss current education issues, anybody know any key issues or places to read about them? Most I read are secondary or higher. Would anyone be able to help me/point me in the right direction ? Thanks
Hey Pat_wisdom95 I totally agree with the above, I think any interview for Primary Ed courses at the moment would expect some form of reference to the pandemic! You could tackle this from both an 'in the classroom' perspective and chat about things like creating effective online engagement, as well as on an individual level how it is affecting pupils and their mental health and development.

One thing I'd definitely recommend if you can is to chat to a teacher and find out their experience first hand. Maybe there's someone you know from school/college that's a teacher, or even an old teacher of yours? Or a friend/family member? Ask for examples of times they've had challenges or struggled and how they've overcome this, and then you can use this insight to reflect on and think about how you would also approach that situation. You could almost use it as a 'case study' type answer in the interview, as long as you can effectively show your own thoughts on the issue

Best of luck with the interview! You'll be fab :thumbsup:

- Caitlin
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Pat_wisdom95
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by University of Strathclyde)
Hey Pat_wisdom95 I totally agree with the above, I think any interview for Primary Ed courses at the moment would expect some form of reference to the pandemic! You could tackle this from both an 'in the classroom' perspective and chat about things like creating effective online engagement, as well as on an individual level how it is affecting pupils and their mental health and development.

One thing I'd definitely recommend if you can is to chat to a teacher and find out their experience first hand. Maybe there's someone you know from school/college that's a teacher, or even an old teacher of yours? Or a friend/family member? Ask for examples of times they've had challenges or struggled and how they've overcome this, and then you can use this insight to reflect on and think about how you would also approach that situation. You could almost use it as a 'case study' type answer in the interview, as long as you can effectively show your own thoughts on the issue

Best of luck with the interview! You'll be fab :thumbsup:

- Caitlin
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Thank you so much!
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Teamwork in the world of education
Ways to teach languages in schools

Talk to a teacher. Make some brief notes of their answers. Find out what they love and hate etc in order. Get them to describe a bad or good situation that called for a key skill at work and how they handled it. Ask them to tell you about a typical day in school. Jot down five things they love and hate about their career and list five things they appreciate about the school.
See if you can try to find out more details secretly about the reputation and quality of that particular school in question. Talk to them about the quality of the homework and lessons and the like. Discuss some of the current issues in the schools and so on. Chat to them about the type of school life too.
Evaluate the school properly, jot down five positives of working there and five negative ones. Then at least you can get to make a very informed and sensible decision. Find out as much as possible. Speak to some of the current school pupils as well.
Observe a actual school lesson which is currently taking place on a normal day additionally. Make your entire career decision based fully on that information. Pay attention to your intuition. View the whole school building. Look at the pupil work on the school walls as you move around the school. Check out the website of the school.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (349)
31.56%
No (757)
68.44%

Watched Threads