The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele MSc Counselling + Psychotherapy

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jen.louise.
Hi Shananicole,Congratulations on your acceptance! I have also received an offer! I live in Canada so am starting to look at taking the steps to move over there.

Hi, if you are looking for somewhere to live I’ve got a studio available which I could give at a cheaper price for the year as I am in need of a replacement tenant. Let me know Thankyou ! X
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 21
Hi everyone! I will also be starting full-time in September '21! Very excited and would love to connect with more people, and possibly even look for flatmates? I'm from Malaysia and would appreciate any advice on looking for accommodations.
Original post by jingyis
Hi everyone! I will also be starting full-time in September '21! Very excited and would love to connect with more people, and possibly even look for flatmates? I'm from Malaysia and would appreciate any advice on looking for accommodations.

Hi @jingyis!

Great to hear you'll be starting with us at Keele in September!

If you're looking for more details about accommodation on campus, you can find full details at https://www.keele.ac.uk/discover/accommodation/. For off campus accommodation, we have information at https://www.keele.ac.uk/discover/accommodation/otheraccommodation/livingoffcampus/, and the accommodation office can help you with finding a registered and regulated landlord/agent.

We have a couple of student groups on Facebook if you're on there - search for Keele University Student Life and you should find the official group run by the SU, whilst Keele Postgraduate Life is the page that the Keele Postgraduate Association post to. You'll find details of what's going on on campus there, plus you can meet current and new students - some of whom may be looking for house/flatmates!

You can also chat to some of our current student via Unibuddy at https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/chat/ - we have a few international students on there who can tell you more about life at Keele as an international student and how they got to know people when they arrived here. And of course you can ask me and @Keele Student Ambassador1 any questions too!

Amy Louise :smile:
Reply 23
Thanks, Amy! I'm looking forward to it

Original post by Keele Postgraduate
Hi @jingyis!

Great to hear you'll be starting with us at Keele in September!

If you're looking for more details about accommodation on campus, you can find full details at https://www.keele.ac.uk/discover/accommodation/. For off campus accommodation, we have information at https://www.keele.ac.uk/discover/accommodation/otheraccommodation/livingoffcampus/, and the accommodation office can help you with finding a registered and regulated landlord/agent.

We have a couple of student groups on Facebook if you're on there - search for Keele University Student Life and you should find the official group run by the SU, whilst Keele Postgraduate Life is the page that the Keele Postgraduate Association post to. You'll find details of what's going on on campus there, plus you can meet current and new students - some of whom may be looking for house/flatmates!

You can also chat to some of our current student via Unibuddy at https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/chat/ - we have a few international students on there who can tell you more about life at Keele as an international student and how they got to know people when they arrived here. And of course you can ask me and @Keele Student Ambassador1 any questions too!

Hi everyone,Looking for advice on a good neighbourhood to live in whilst studying at Keele! I am an international student and will be studying on the programme full-time. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on choosing an area to rent a flat? I would love to be able to walk to campus... but I imagine it would also be beneficial to be near the train station in Stoke-on-Trent.Thanks in advance!
Hi @jingyis! I'll be studying full-time too. I am from Toronto, Canada.
Hi everyone,Looking for advice on a good neighbourhood to live in whilst studying at Keele! I am an international student and will be studying on the programme full-time. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on choosing an area to rent a flat? I would love to be able to walk to campus... but I imagine it would also be beneficial to be near the train station in Stoke-on-Trent.Thanks in advance!

Hi @jen.louise.

You'd struggle to walk from the train station to campus - it's a fair stretch from central Stoke to Keele on foot! The train station is easily accessible by bus (https://www.firstbus.co.uk/potteries/routes-and-maps/keele-university) from both Keele campus and Newcastle Bus Station though, so if you're around Keele/Newcastle, you should find it pretty easy to get into Stoke and to the train station by bus or taxi.

In terms of areas around Keele, there is Keele village itself - although the place is pretty small and so there's not a vast amount of rented accommodation there. Other areas popular with students (because they are only a short bus ride or a walk from campus) are Westlands, Thistleberry, Silverdale, and Newcastle town.

We've got some advice on our website for students living off campus, including a link to Studentpad which is where you can find off-campus accommodation provided by accredited providers landlords: https://www.keele.ac.uk/discover/accommodation/otheraccommodation/livingoffcampus/. I also wrote a blog post with some tips for finding off-campus accommodation: https://api.unibuddy.co/og/keele-university/blogs/5fbd4274a2b3560abfed874d.

If you're on Facebook, you can access the SU's Keele Student Life group and the KPA's Keele Postgraduate Life group. Both often have students advertising rooms in shared off campus accommodation. Our accommodation and international student teams are also there to help so do contact them if you have queries about accommodation in the local area, and coming to live at Keele.

Hope that helps!

(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 27

Hi Jen! I've been looking at a few places with individual rooms on Keele Student Pad, most of them are in Newcastle-Under-Lyme. I'm a little wary about moving to a new place without knowing at least who I'd be staying with so I'm also looking at some student house studios too, they are a little too pricey for me though. If you don't mind, maybe we could connect over FB if you can pm me your acc? (sorry I'd pm you but I can't send messages yet for some reason)
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by Zakhtar1
Hi, if you are looking for somewhere to live I’ve got a studio available which I could give at a cheaper price for the year as I am in need of a replacement tenant. Let me know Thankyou ! X

Hey, I saw your message but for some reason can't reply to you (something about my account being new and I've been waiting for it to be verified but no luck). Could you maybe PM me your FB acc so I could connect with you there instead? Thanks x
Original post by jingyis
Hi Jen! I've been looking at a few places with individual rooms on Keele Student Pad, most of them are in Newcastle-Under-Lyme. I'm a little wary about moving to a new place without knowing at least who I'd be staying with so I'm also looking at some student house studios too, they are a little too pricey for me though. If you don't mind, maybe we could connect over FB if you can pm me your acc? (sorry I'd pm you but I can't send messages yet for some reason)

Hi!

I totally get how you're feeling regarding finding a place to stay when we aren't physically there yet. I've sent you a private message so we can connect on Facebook :smile:
Original post by Keele Postgraduate
Hi @jen.louise.

You'd struggle to walk from the train station to campus - it's a fair stretch from central Stoke to Keele on foot! The train station is easily accessible by bus (https://www.firstbus.co.uk/potteries/routes-and-maps/keele-university) from both Keele campus and Newcastle Bus Station though, so if you're around Keele/Newcastle, you should find it pretty easy to get into Stoke and to the train station by bus or taxi.

In terms of areas around Keele, there is Keele village itself - although the place is pretty small and so there's not a vast amount of rented accommodation there. Other areas popular with students (because they are only a short bus ride or a walk from campus) are Westlands, Thistleberry, Silverdale, and Newcastle town.

We've got some advice on our website for students living off campus, including a link to Studentpad which is where you can find off-campus accommodation provided by accredited providers landlords: https://www.keele.ac.uk/discover/accommodation/otheraccommodation/livingoffcampus/. I also wrote a blog post with some tips for finding off-campus accommodation: https://api.unibuddy.co/og/keele-university/blogs/5fbd4274a2b3560abfed874d.

If you're on Facebook, you can access the SU's Keele Student Life group and the KPA's Keele Postgraduate Life group. Both often have students advertising rooms in shared off campus accommodation. Our accommodation and international student teams are also there to help so do contact them if you have queries about accommodation in the local area, and coming to live at Keele.

Hope that helps!

Hey Amy,

Thank you SO much for your advice! It's so helpful to get an insider's opinion on student neighbourhoods and where people like to live when they're studying at Keele. I have actually read your blog post - it's very detailed and a big help for us international students! I'll definitely join those Facebook groups. I didn't realize Keele actually had some rented accommodation, I'll have another search there too.

Thanks again!!
Hey Amy,

Thank you SO much for your advice! It's so helpful to get an insider's opinion on student neighbourhoods and where people like to live when they're studying at Keele. I have actually read your blog post - it's very detailed and a big help for us international students! I'll definitely join those Facebook groups. I didn't realize Keele actually had some rented accommodation, I'll have another search there too.

Thanks again!!

No problem at all @jen.louise.! Glad you found the blog post helpful.

I've had a couple of friends rent rooms in Keele Village although, as I mentioned in my previous post, there's not a lot of accommodation there as it's only a small place - the university campus is probably bigger than the village itself!

Most students move 'down the hill' a bit when they go off campus - Westlands and Thistleberry are both decent residential areas just off the hill up to Keele from Newcastle town centre. Silverdale is a bit further - although there's a couple of nice walks to get there and it's probably only 5 mins in a car/taxi - but it has its own amenities as there's a co-op supermarket and a few other shops there. And of course in and around the town centre in Newcastle is super convenient because the bus station is right there for getting you both up to campus and into Stoke and the surrounding area, plus you're within walking distance of the shops and other amenities.

Best of luck finding a suitable place but please do feel free to contact us - either on here or via the accommodation office - if you've got any other questions!

Original post by jingyis
Hey, I saw your message but for some reason can't reply to you (something about my account being new and I've been waiting for it to be verified but no luck). Could you maybe PM me your FB acc so I could connect with you there instead? Thanks x

Hi, yeah I could do that sorry about the late response. I’ve just seen this I will PM you now x
Original post by Accommodation for Students
Hello there, you could advertise your studio on our website https://www.accommodationforstudents.com, as you will be able to receive more offers on it.

Hope this helps!

Hi, must I be a landlord or could I advertise as I need a tenancy replacement ? Thankyou
Hey everyone!!

I’m going to be making a Facebook group and chat for our course if anyone wanted to join! I’m thinking it’ll be a lovely way to connect with each other before September, ask any questions, and help support each other throughout!

Would anyone be up for it? My name on there is Shana Nicole Taylor💜💜
Also, forgot to add, I spoke to the course director Tracey last week and as of right now, Keele is expecting around 30% to be online, the rest in person - which I'm really excited for!
Reply 36
Hi Shana, count me in! I'm Jing Yi. I'll pm you my FB account <3

Original post by shananicole
Hey everyone!!

I’m going to be making a Facebook group and chat for our course if anyone wanted to join! I’m thinking it’ll be a lovely way to connect with each other before September, ask any questions, and help support each other throughout!

Would anyone be up for it? My name on there is Shana Nicole Taylor💜💜
hey everyone!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/544999446690792/?ref=share

here’s the Facebook group link if anyone wants to join☺️ welcome for full time or part time students!

(also excited to announce I’ll be joining you all full time now, rather than part time!)
Reply 38
Hi all, I’m hoping to apply for the course next year. I’m currently in New Zealand but originally from the uk and moving back next year also. I was wondering if all of you had the interview face to face? Or did some have it online? I’m so excited for you all! Best wishes and good luck! ☺️
Happy I found this thread! I’ll be applying to the psychotherapy and counselling MSc this year and I’m wondering if I have enough relevant experience. For those who’ve been accepted, do you care to share the experience you had to get on the course? 😊

Quick Reply

Latest