The Official 03/04 UCAS Application Progress Tracker Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
EmJ
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Because there are no rules when it comes to results day and insurance choices. If you only really want to go to 2 universities out of your 6 choices why bother using somewhere else as an insurance?

Even though their offers are the same the actual grades they'd be willing to accept can vary greatly...offer levels are simply the value a university holds of itself - entry levels are the value the rest of the world holds of it.
Good explanation!
I'm going to do the same thing, as I'd rather take the risk than put down a university that I don't want to go to and then be obliged to go there.
Although I should probably have not applied to universities I didn't want to go to in the first place...
EmJ
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
Just found out that I've been rejected from LSE for Law :mad: ... more angry that upset really- since they kept me waiting for so long and gave out false hope through a supposed "shortlist". Ah well, I guess that's just made another space available for an international student so they can rake in the money! lol... sorry if I sound bitter. I'll just sue them when I become a Lawyer
Just checked my online UCAS offers. STILL no LSE!! Like you, I've been told that I'm on a 'shortlist'. It's 5 months since I sent off my form and I've heard from all the other unis I applied to.
I can see why you're angry. You have the right attitude, though - sue them!
ahaid
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by *Riz*)
Well I think Manchester, Newcastle and Sheffield are all excellent unis, Middlesex is not really in the same league. I would look round the first 3 and see which I liked best before choosing as they all have good reputations. Might be worth checking out the league tables to see which is highest for accounting and finance.

I applied for Psychology.

UMmm good, have you seen the Top 500 World Universities ranking its here http://ed.sjtu.edu.cn/rank/rank-2003.mht
thought might be usefull to u Sheffield is 68 impressively
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by EmJ)
Just checked my online UCAS offers. STILL no LSE!! Like you, I've been told that I'm on a 'shortlist'. It's 5 months since I sent off my form and I've heard from all the other unis I applied to.
I can see why you're angry. You have the right attitude, though - sue them!
That probably means they are still seriously considering you! Good luck and let me know how you get on! I'm still waiting for UCL, but I can't really see them giving me an offer. Hmm.. blessing in disguise? It would be nice to get out of London I'm really wrapped about Sheffield at the mo.. even if its not as good rep wise, I love the area and student union seems pretty good too..
EmJ
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
That probably means they are still seriously considering you! Good luck and let me know how you get on! I'm still waiting for UCL, but I can't really see them giving me an offer. Hmm.. blessing in disguise? It would be nice to get out of London I'm really wrapped about Sheffield at the mo.. even if its not as good rep wise, I love the area and student union seems pretty good too..
Thanks, Elle!
I'll post as soon as I find out.
Good luck with your uni decisions - Sheffield sounds good! Maybe it is a blessing in disguise if you can get out of London, especially if you are really taken with Sheffield. London appeals to me, but I guess that's only because I live in Wales! I lived in Surrey until three years ago, but never really got to spend a great deal of time in London. You obviously have, and will probably be glad of a change of scenery!
Good luck,
Em
Blamps
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Just got an offer through for UCL, Law, AAA....yay!
Blamps
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Blamps)
Just got an offer through for UCL, Law, AAA....yay!
Also had an offer from Birmingham (in Nov) AAB...gonna be my insurance
But, I was turned down by:
Notts (after the test)
KCL
Warwick
Oxford (after interview)
Crazy system....I seriously thought UCL would be the last place to give me an offer!
*smile*
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Blamps)
Also had an offer from Birmingham (in Nov) AAB...gonna be my insurance
But, I was turned down by:
Notts (after the test)
KCL
Warwick
Oxford (after interview)
Crazy system....I seriously thought UCL would be the last place to give me an offer!
Well done on your offer!!! Btw when did you get your rejection from KCL?
mooseyfish
Report 15 years ago
this is after last year starting a Sports Science+Maths degree at Nottm Trent but leaving at xmas...

ive applied to:

Birmingham, Mathematical Sciences

Leeds, Maths

Keele, Maths

Liverpool, Math Sciences

Cardiff, Maths+ its Applications

Loughborough, Maths
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (422)
43.73%
No (102)
10.57%
I'm not old enough (441)
45.7%

Watched Threads