Driving points & Job Application

Watch
KrystianWydra
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I received 7 points on 20th April 2018 due to being a young driver my license got revoked.
After 3 months I've passed my driving over again. The question is as my points are expiring on 20 April 2020 and bring removed on 20April 2021.
Do I need to declare them to insurance companies and jobs when applying after the 20th of April 2020?
The offence was Cu30 3points - Faulty tyres ans sp30 - 4 points - speeding bothing fines have been paid.
So yeah does the expiry of my points means I dont need to be declaring them anymore ? as the jobs I am looking for require a license with less than 6 points.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by KrystianWydra)
I received 7 points on 20th April 2018 due to being a young driver my license got revoked.
After 3 months I've passed my driving over again. The question is as my points are expiring on 20 April 2020 and bring removed on 20April 2021.
Do I need to declare them to insurance companies and jobs when applying after the 20th of April 2020?
The offence was Cu30 3points - Faulty tyres ans sp30 - 4 points - speeding bothing fines have been paid.
So yeah does the expiry of my points means I dont need to be declaring them anymore ? as the jobs I am looking for require a license with less than 6 points.
The question is usually along the lines of "Have you committed any driving offences or had any Fixed Penalty Notices in the last 5 years?", not "do you have any penalty points currently on your licence?".
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Well the points/endorsement for minor stuff stays on record for 4 years after the offence, with the points themselves being valid for 3. realistically i'd expect the courts/DVL:A to be interested in the 3 years, and employers and insurers to be interested in the 4 year mark, after all if they literally check your driving record, there will be an entry there. As Tom said generally they ask for some form of 5 year declaration.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (408)
52.31%
No (372)
47.69%

Watched Threads