sienna3
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hey guys I just thought I’d make this post for everyone who’s starting the Work Coach role. My start date is March 1st and I’ve been told there’ll be 7 weeks of training It would be interesting to discuss each other’s experiences regarding training, dress code etc
Last edited by sienna3; 2 months ago
Atheria
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by sienna3)
Hey guys I just thought I’d make this post for everyone who’s starting the Work Coach role. My start date is March 1st and I’ve been told there’ll be 7 weeks of training It would be interesting to discuss each other’s experiences regarding training, dress code etc
I start 1st March too, I've been told I'm in office for 3 or 4 days then training from home. Not been given any other information though.
sienna3
Rep:
?
(Original post by Atheria)
I start 1st March too, I've been told I'm in office for 3 or 4 days then training from home. Not been given any other information though.
I’ve been told the exact same! 4 days of induction in the office then training from home.
kkh_h01
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi guys, how long did your pre employments checks take to complete if you don’t mind me asking
LeahGalaxy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I start on the 22nd and have been told 8 weeks of training
What locations are you all?
LeahGalaxy
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by kkh_h01)
Hi guys, how long did your pre employments checks take to complete if you don’t mind me asking
Mine took 15 days
sienna3
Rep:
?
(Original post by kkh_h01)
I submitted my PEC’s on 29/01/21 and they came back successfully completed yesterday!
sienna3
Rep:
?
(Original post by LeahGalaxy)
I start on the 22nd and have been told 8 weeks of training
What locations are you all?
Wow that’s good! I’m South East group - Bucks
username5524878
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi all I start on Monday in the Hampshire area.

I've been told one week in the office doing an induction - potentially only 3 to 4 days before going home. 6 weeks online training 9:30 to 4:30pm at home. 2 weeks training back in the office and then a choice of work from home, office-based or a mixture from then (dependent on Covid).

I'm in a virtual hub so no face-to-face interaction with claimants. Is that the same for everyone else?

Good luck to everyone. I'm excited to get started now.
Trish111122
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by thursday2020)
Hi all I start on Monday in the Hampshire area.

I've been told one week in the office doing an induction - potentially only 3 to 4 days before going home. 6 weeks online training 9:30 to 4:30pm at home. 2 weeks training back in the office and then a choice of work from home, office-based or a mixture from then (dependent on Covid).

I'm in a virtual hub so no face-to-face interaction with claimants. Is that the same for everyone else?

Good luck to everyone. I'm excited to get started now.
I start on Monday , roughly 4 hours in office then 9.30 until 4 starting Tuesday working from home for 6 weeks.
Kishy.xx
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi, I start on the 1st March in Buckinghamshire area. When received the phone call from my manager in the week about starting was advised the first day I start at 10am it will be an induction, then I will get equipment take it home to test and then will go from there but I was advised that it’s 6 weeks training after 6 weeks, I will do one Saturday a month but get a day off in the week
sienna3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Trish111122)
I start on Monday , roughly 4 hours in office then 9.30 until 4 starting Tuesday working from home for 6 weeks.
Hey how’s it going so far? Can I ask more specifically what the training involves, and if it’s over video call? Also is it Monday-Friday every week for 6 weeks?
LeahGalaxy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I start Monday in Gloucestershire and have been told today all the training will be office based
sienna3
Rep:
?
(Original post by LeahGalaxy)
I start Monday in Gloucestershire and have been told today all the training will be office based
Good luck! What hours are you doing for training?
Mcglennon
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi all, how long after the phonecall did it take to recieve written formal offer/contract?

I am due to start on the 29th but no written communication to confirm.
sienna3
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mcglennon)
Hi all, how long after the phonecall did it take to recieve written formal offer/contract?

I am due to start on the 29th but no written communication to confirm.
Received my formal co react a week after I got the call! I would say call them back if you can
Mcglennon
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sienna3)
Received my formal co react a week after I got the call! I would say call them back if you can
Oh I see, the number just rings through. I'm reluctant to hand in my notice until I have it in writing.

What location are you?
sienna3
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mcglennon)
Oh I see, the number just rings through. I'm reluctant to hand in my notice until I have it in writing.

What location are you?
South East - Bucks
May12341234
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
May I know if anyone starting/started as a work coach in Stevenage, please?
kkh_h01
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi is anyone starting on March 8th in Telford area?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (184)
5.01%
Uncertainty around my education (539)
14.67%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (408)
11.1%
Lack of purpose or motivation (507)
13.8%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (182)
4.95%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (221)
6.01%
Loneliness (310)
8.44%
Financial worries (135)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (145)
3.95%
Exposure to negative news/social media (166)
4.52%
Lack of real life entertainment (209)
5.69%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (327)
8.9%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (342)
9.31%

Watched Threads