how do you revise English and sociology a level ocr

Watch
blieblue
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hey guys I'm in year 12 and I was wondering how to revise English and sociology ocr especially as there is a whole load of content and flashcards seems wayy too long for all the content.

molly_douglas
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I’m unsure if you mean English lit and lang, but I do literature and have been doing extra essay questions and sending them to my teacher. I can’t offer any advice for sociology as I don’t take it
Khadija Mohideen
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi I took AS Sociology and got a pretty good grade at it-- what I did was I summarised each subtopic in one A4 sheet and I would go over that A4 sheet obsessively until it was in my head.
For example, if it was there were different perspectives on each subtopic I'd divide the paper into four or six, depending on how many perspectives I had to study (new right/marxism/neo marxism/functionalist/neo functionalist) for one subtopic.
It helps to compartmentalise information in your head.
I basically did this for the entire AS syllabus and it helped me enormously.

I also went over multiple mark schemes -- I dont know if the OCR mark schemes are like the CAIE ones but in the CAIE ones for the essay questions the mark scheme more or less looks like an essay plan...

hope this helps! if you have anymore questions feel free to ask : )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (408)
52.31%
No (372)
47.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise