Priyapinkrabbit
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi!

I am thinking of studying medicine in Romania as I’ve heard a lot of students go there to study medicine. I just had a few questions.

1. Is Romania a good place to study medicine? If so, why?

2. Between Craiova, Vasile Goldis (Arad) and Constanta which university is better? If you can, please rank these universities.

3. What admissions tests do I need to take? Do any if these universities NOT require any admissions test or just require only an English proficiency test?

4. Which agency is the most trustworthy and best to use? I was thinking of MedLink but their service fee is outrageous, in my opinion.

It would be nice if you can mention any of your personal experiences in these universities or of people you know. Also, which city has the best student life and cheap living costs?
TinyTim
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Priyapinkrabbit)
Hi!

I am thinking of studying medicine in Romania as I’ve heard a lot of students go there to study medicine. I just had a few questions.

2. Between Craiova, Vasile Goldis (Arad) and Constanta which university is better? If you can, please rank these universities.

3. What admissions tests do I need to take? Do any if these universities NOT require any admissions test or just require only an English proficiency test?

4. Which agency is the most trustworthy and best to use? I was thinking of MedLink but their service fee is outrageous, in my opinion.

It would be nice if you can mention any of your personal experiences in these universities or of people you know. Also, which city has the best student life and cheap living costs?
Hi .... I have a friend studying Medicine at Iasi ..
1. Romania is great ... he loves everything about it ... great course ... cheap accommodation and close to ski resorts!!
2. He applied to ...
Cluj Medical University – Iuliu Hatieganu - Cluj - this is considered the best in Romania and is the hardest to get into. He didn't get a place!!
Carol Davila - Bucharest
Iasi Medical University – GT Popa, Iasi
Timisoara Medical University – Victor Babes - Timisoara
Constanta-Ovidius Medical University of Constanta - Constanta
3. Each uni is slightly different and Covid-19 has changed their addmission requirements so check each website and note the differences.
4. Don't use an agency! He didn't and got into 4. Some of the unis have uploaded their admission procedures already and others will in the next month. Email the admission departments with questions - they are very helpful. If you really want an agency, Athens Greece has a good one - Eurostudies - but they too charge over 2000 euro for something you can easily do yourself!
Re student life ... Google the cities/unis you like best - the ones with the higher number of students per city population will be the most vibrant! As is the case everywhere!
Good Luck
T.T.
Priyapinkrabbit
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by TinyTim)
Hi .... I have a friend studying Medicine at Iasi ..
1. Romania is great ... he loves everything about it ... great course ... cheap accommodation and close to ski resorts!!
2. He applied to ...
Cluj Medical University – Iuliu Hatieganu - Cluj - this is considered the best in Romania and is the hardest to get into. He didn't get a place!!
Carol Davila - Bucharest
Iasi Medical University – GT Popa, Iasi
Timisoara Medical University – Victor Babes - Timisoara
Constanta-Ovidius Medical University of Constanta - Constanta
3. Each uni is slightly different and Covid-19 has changed their addmission requirements so check each website and note the differences.
4. Don't use an agency! He didn't and got into 4. Some of the unis have uploaded their admission procedures already and others will in the next month. Email the admission departments with questions - they are very helpful. If you really want an agency, Athens Greece has a good one - Eurostudies - but they too charge over 2000 euro for something you can easily do yourself!
Re student life ... Google the cities/unis you like best - the ones with the higher number of students per city population will be the most vibrant! As is the case everywhere!
Good Luck
T.T.
Hi, thank you very much for your insightful reply. The only universities that are within my budget are Craiova, Constanta and Vasile Goldis Arad. I’ve heard Constanta is good, so is it really that good. Also, why is Constanta considered so good. I’m really thinking of going to Craiova because it’s like student city or something and the university itself looks pretty good.

Out of all three which one is best university?
TinyTim
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, thank you very much for your insightful reply. The only universities that are within my budget are Craiova, Constanta and Vasile Goldis Arad. I’ve heard Constanta is good, so is it really that good. Also, why is Constanta considered so good. I’m really thinking of going to Craiova because it’s like student city or something and the university itself looks pretty good.

Out of all three which one is best university?
HaHa ... that question is like asking "how long is a piece of string?" :-)
The best uni is the one you can afford and that the final degree is recognised internationally ... look at the things that are important to you and decide.
Academically .. Cluj Medical University – Iuliu Hatieganu is the best and that's why it's the hardest to get into. But all the ones I mentioned that my friend applied to are great universities that 'produce' great doctors who go on to work around the world. Look at city, costs, accommodation etc and then apply to the ones that seem the best to YOU!
Good Luck
Priyapinkrabbit
Rep:
?
HaHa ... that question is like asking "how long is a piece of string?" :-)
The best uni is the one you can afford and that the final degree is recognised internationally ... look at the things that are important to you and decide.
Academically .. Cluj Medical University – Iuliu Hatieganu is the best and that's why it's the hardest to get into. But all the ones I mentioned that my friend applied to are great universities that 'produce' great doctors who go on to work around the world. Look at city, costs, accommodation etc and then apply to the ones that seem the best to YOU!
Good Luck
Okay, that makes sense
willbrownfire123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi!

Hey a friend of mine goes to Targu Mures university in Romania and they like it there. I think he went with SME too but personally I'd recommend using an agency for the support in moving there not just the admission. When I was trying to move to Ukraine it was so tough because even the officials I needed to see for my residency barely spoke English. I think in Romania it'd probs be a similar issue.
Priyapinkrabbit
Rep:
?
(Original post by willbrownfire123)
Hey a friend of mine goes to Targu Mures university in Romania and they like it there. I think he went with SME too but personally I'd recommend using an agency for the support in moving there not just the admission. When I was trying to move to Ukraine it was so tough because even the officials I needed to see for my residency barely spoke English. I think in Romania it'd probs be a similar issue.
Yeah, exactly! That’s why I want to go through an agency because I don’t want to be struggling in a country I’ve never been to.

Do you know any other agencies other than SME because they’re slightly on the expensive side.
willbrownfire123
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah, exactly! That’s why I want to go through an agency because I don’t want to be struggling in a country I’ve never been to.

Do you know any other agencies other than SME because they’re slightly on the expensive side.
Yeah that's great Hmm well for me the price was worth it but I get that they aren't cheap. When I was 'shopping around' I also spoke to Medlink & Medconnect but didn't get such a good impression from either. Plus idk which unis they partner with so it depends where u are looking.
Priyapinkrabbit
Rep:
?
(Original post by willbrownfire123)
Yeah that's great Hmm well for me the price was worth it but I get that they aren't cheap. When I was 'shopping around' I also spoke to Medlink & Medconnect but didn't get such a good impression from either. Plus idk which unis they partner with so it depends where u are looking.
Thank you for your insight.
TinyTim
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

My friend's sister was already studying in Romania so she helped with accommodation.
He said other students paid agencies to help with accommodation hunt only - negotiate a lower fee for just that help!
Google Eurostudies (based in Greece but all English speakers) they may be cheaper than SME
Good Luck
Priyapinkrabbit
Rep:
?
My friend's sister was already studying in Romania so she helped with accommodation.
He said other students paid agencies to help with accommodation hunt only - negotiate a lower fee for just that help!
Google Eurostudies (based in Greece but all English speakers) they may be cheaper than SME
Good Luck
I will definitely check it out. Thank you.
willbrownfire123
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thank you for your insight.
No problem! Happy to help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (320)
52.63%
No (288)
47.37%

Watched Threads