Kornershopbandid
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I’ve received offers for politics snd economics from Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow and Loughborough. Ive given it a lot of thought and still can’t choose, advice?
molly_douglas
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I can’t advise on the unis themselves as I haven’t applied to them, although I did virtual open days for Glasgow and Manchester and was quite impressed by them. I visited Glasgow to have a look around the city when I was considering applying and the uni buildings are quite historic, if that’s something that you’re looking for. The city seems quite divided from what I’ve heard from locals as the students and the city centre are on opposite sides of the city, but I don’t think that this is necessarily a bad thing. I frequently visit Manchester to see family and the people and city are great! Not much to say on the uni as I have never visited it.
Mkbedford
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hey, although I was looking at studying just eco, Birmingham uni had a nice vibe to it when I visited last year and was my top pick, the accommodation was superb. I also visited Loughborough and it seemed very good for the academic side especially their placement years. Diversity was a big thing for me and Loughborough kind of lacked outside of the economics introduction presentation which I found strange lol. The accommodation was disgusting (okay bit dramatic lol) but I have a friend there that enjoys it and instead lives off campus I have friends at Manchester and they really enjoy it, not sure about the course but the city is nice. Not too sure about Glasgow. I think it defo depends on what you want from your uni experience.
Loughborough University
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Kornershopbandid)
I’ve received offers for politics snd economics from Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow and Loughborough. Ive given it a lot of thought and still can’t choose, advice?
Hi Kornershopbandid,

It's a difficult choice and I don't envy your situation. Why not check out what our students (past and present) have to say about their experiences in studying politics and economics?

Were you able to attend any of our Virtual Open Days last year? The pages are still live so you can check them out here. You can view course presentations and videos and also information on accommodation, student services, Student's Union and more.

Employability prospects are also important so consider doing a placement year. We hold one of the largest careers fairs in the UK and have excellent links with employers.

Most importantly, choose the university that you feel you would be happiest at and the one where the modules interest you the most.

Good luck
Bindu
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
1) No-one else can decide for you. Their interests, comforts and needs will not be the same as yours.

2) You do not have to make this decision until JUNE. There is no advantage in making an early decision and there are already posts here on TSR from people who did do it too early and now can't get out of a wrong decision.

3) Read the advice here : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...urance-choices
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (220)
43.65%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (57)
11.31%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.74%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.03%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.91%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.36%

Watched Threads