The Student Room Group
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

Going to Solent Uni - 2021

Hi, i am an A level student in my final year. I got an offer from Solent, which is away from my current home city, and I a little nervous unsure about having this as my acceptance choice. If there is any information I can know about this Uni to help me figure this out, I would deeply appreciate it. :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, i am an A level student in my final year. I got an offer from Solent, which is away from my current home city, and I a little nervous unsure about having this as my acceptance choice. If there is any information I can know about this Uni to help me figure this out, I would deeply appreciate it. :smile:

Really depends on what course you want to do
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

Hello,

Is there anything specific you wanted to know about Solent University that I might be able to help you with? Solent is a city campus, meaning it is closer to many shops, bars, restaurants and travel links. Southampton itself has plenty to offer with the large shopping centre West Quay a 5-10 minute walk away.

In regards to courses, the facilities available to you will largely depend on your subject area. Solent offers rental of high quality technical equipment (from the hatch) to those courses who can utilise it such as music or media, and also has a specially equipped moot room for law students.

Have you joined any Facebook groups? Solent usually hosts a group for new starters to join as a way to meet and mix with people who may be on your course or in your accommodation before you travel to the university in September. You may find this a really helpful way to see what others think of the courses and facilities.

I hope this has helped a little, please let us know if there is anymore we can do to help!

Izzy :smile:
3rd Year Student
what was the interview like? was it a group or a one to one interview? also do you have to prepare a presentation or talk about a topic of interest for 10 min? I'm so nervous my interview is tomorrow and I don't know what to do.

two days ago I received an email from the uni saying that I'm going to have 10 min where I need to talk about a chosen news/article related to nursing. so I just wanted to know if that's what's going to happen? because a lot of people have been telling me different things and I don't know who to believe.

can someone just answer with a yes or no?
I'm on the same situation. How was it please????
what was the interview like? was it a group or a one to one interview? also do you have to prepare a presentation or talk about a topic of interest for 10 min? I'm so nervous my interview is tomorrow and I don't know what to do.

two days ago I received an email from the uni saying that I'm going to have 10 min where I need to talk about a chosen news/article related to nursing. so I just wanted to know if that's what's going to happen? because a lot of people have been telling me different things and I don't know who to believe.

can someone just answer with a yes or no?

How was it?

Quick Reply

Latest