The Student Room Group

Do boys expect a lot for Valentine’s Day?

(from their girlfriend)

Scroll to see replies

No, generally we don’t care about Valentine’s Day
Reply 2
Okay thanks! It’s just stressing me out a bit I guess
Valentine's day is a capitalist plot to rob men.
Match pjs with me maybe :blushing:
no i dont buti just want to be with her
Nope, I wouldn't really expect anything apart from spending time together if it is possible.

And I am not in agreement with the general sentiment in this thread or just the forum which is quite anti-Valentine's. I like Valentine's Day. I like romance and I love making my gf feel special. I don't have a gf so it's not like I enjoy being single that day but yeah I don't see anything wrong with having a special day once a year to be extra lovey. It doesn't mean you can't be that randomly throughout the year.
Reply 7
Would you say it’s more of a day for the guy to do something then?
Reply 8
The best gift my girl can give me is her back bent over in sexy lingerie.
Original post by Anonymous
Would you say it’s more of a day for the guy to do something then?

No but I like to do stuff that day so I do, other guys don't (as you see, most don't). If she also wants to do something for me, that's great but I don't expect anything I plan myself :smile:. It's not even right to say 'do something for me', being with her is doing something for me, what else would I want?
It’s not always buying gifts.
My perfect gift would be just spending time with her :biggrin: (If anyone could these days)

Don't expect the girl to be giving the gift, the man as well. It's optional.
Idk why I laughed at this
guys just want to be shown love, so as long as the girl does something a bit more thsn usual, they'll be content. dont have to be overly romantic
I’ll also disagree with the anti-Valentine’s sentiment here, and say that I quite like the idea of the day. Would I get my girlfriend something? Probably. Would I expect something in return? Probably too, but I wouldn’t expect anything big. It can be something pretty small- it doesn’t even have to be anything material- just something to show that she remembered and she cares, and that’s really it.
Two types of people-

Original post by HumbleBee_x
no not really but its up to you :yy:
Original post by HumbleBee_x

Awww this is cute!
But the guys that are saying no... wouldn’t you feel more appreciated or like at least a little bit like aw that’s cute? Or do you just not care?

I get it’s one day out of the year but still lol
He buys things for you because he wants you to be appreciated. He wants you to b happy so he does not need anything from you. You should (not demanding you to do this) have some "alone" time with him because that might cover as his Valentine's day gift. But to answer your question no a guy would not expect a lot! He would be very satisfied (and happy that you're happy)!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending