Daniella1234
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hello everyone,
I’m looking for some helpful advice please.
I want to apply for the open university adult nursing degree. I was wondering if anyone has studied adult nursing with open university and if so if they could tell me if it’s more difficult doing it yourself with open uni as apposed to a normal uni?

Also how heavy the workload is and how long the placements are in terms
Of weeks per year?

I have to work part time on the side (2 days a week) whilst studying as I can’t afford not to work and would just like to know if that’s manageable ? It’s my dream
To do nursing and I would all be grateful for all responses!

Many thanks
Daniella
Jowo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Are you working in a relevant area and being sponsored by your employer?

What part of the UK are you in?

Or are you planning to do it via the Middlesex/University of the West of England direct entry route?

http://www.open.ac.uk/courses/nursin...y-requirements
Daniella1234
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hello thank you for replying!

I am
Planning on the direct entry as I do not work within healthcare. I have care references I have cared for my grand father who recently passed away and I care for my partners mother who has ms so that is my planned route via direct entry!

Any info on the course is much appreciated!
Jowo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I suggest you contact the OU and those Unis about this route.

I'm based in Scotland where the main OU route is to have at least a year's experience as a HCA and be sponsored by a current NHS employer. We don't have Nursing apprenticeships here but that is perhaps something you can look into to see if it suits.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (191)
43.71%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.21%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
8.01%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.82%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.53%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.72%

Watched Threads