Hair Loss. Watch

This discussion is closed.
IHavePMS
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Toy Soldier)
You have to buy them yourself. It's a satanic cult I'm running not a charity.
I think i'll pass. On the horns, that is. Finally, a cult. :eek:

...and now i'm off to bed (talk about satanic!). Night 'y'all'.
NikolaiJ
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just think yourself lucky you're not me... aged 17 and hairy as a gorilla. I s'pose I am male, but beside that its bloody rancid, plus women hate it!!!

I'm just waiting for the hairy back to kick in.
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by NikolaiJ)
Just think yourself lucky you're not me... aged 17 and hairy as a gorilla. I s'pose I am male, but beside that its bloody rancid, plus women hate it!!!

I'm just waiting for the hairy back to kick in.
Yeah well, I'm 19 and have suddenly started to sprout chest hairs. What's THAT all about? I've been able to grow a full beard since I was 16, I pretty much thought I was through with all the "new hair places" lark and I'd got away with a relatively hairless upper body, and then all of a sudden - hairy nipples. It feels like I've just hit puberty again or something. It's also upsetting. I don't want hair on my chest.
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yeah well, I'm 19 and have suddenly started to sprout chest hairs. What's THAT all about? I've been able to grow a full beard since I was 16, I pretty much thought I was through with all the "new hair places" lark and I'd got away with a relatively hairless upper body, and then all of a sudden - hairy nipples. It feels like I've just hit puberty again or something. It's also upsetting. I don't want hair on my chest.
Its alright, you can wax it off.
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hehe im 20...and started seeing hair on my shoulder blades...

it keeps growing for a long time yet...so dont worry
SamTheMan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by IHavePMS)
I was stressed the last time it happened; I used to pull on it myself a lot too. But this time, nothing of the sort. Again, i'm not up for the pills. But I shall see what goes, thanks.
It's surprising that you say that you're not stressed but you have been pulling your hair out in the past, which is due to a condition called trichotillomania. A lot of stressed people have difficulty accepting that they're stressed or at least are oblivious to the signs of stress. I'm talking from personal experience: people see me as a relaxed kind of person who isn't easily affected by stress but it's by always trying to stick to that image, for other people and for myself, that I was always oblivious to stress.

To be honest, the easiest way to get rid of stress is to get regular sleep, and regular exercise, which is a good start to change your lifestyle. But of course that's more easily said than done.

It doesn't sound like hereditary hairloss since you're talking about huge amounts of hair whereas people who are destined to go bald usually lose their hair more gradually. You probably already know if there's a history of hairloss in your family...
SciFi25
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If it goes on for much longer, I will go and see the doctor.

The former is a possibility, the latter...definitely. I've always lacked iron. Gah =/ I don't want to take pills, I did for a while but I got a kidney infection which my doctor put down to the iron pills.
Hey, Sorry to hear bout this. One good way to get lots of iron into you with out taking pills is to eat alot of red meat. I do and I have the most iron rich blood the nurse testing me has ever seen!! lol!
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Don't laugh, because it's not funny.

For a couple of weeks now, i've been bathing/showering and finding chunks of my hair just come out in my hand. I mean chunks. I wake up and find my pillow covered; i brush it and it sticks to the back of my shirt. If I didn't have really thick hair, I swear i'd have patches but *touches wood* i've been lucky so far.

I wanted to know if anyone knows anything I could take that is meant to help prevent hair loss or any ointment, for instance, that I can massage my head with. See, I suffered like this a couple of years ago, told the doctor, had all the tests done at the hospital, only to get told I was just stressed out and needed to relax. So I don't want to go through all that again and make a fool of myself. I'm not stressed about anything, before someone suggests it. Though i've been feeling a lot more tired and lacking energy lately, if that has anything to do with anything.

[/rant over]
Wigs are wonderful things! :p:

Yeah it is best to see your doctor. There are some inherited conditions where you begin to loose your hair at your age but if that was the case you would probably be aware of family members that had the same problem. It's probably just some kind of deficiency.
caffecooki
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
coconut shampoo :p: dno if it works tho, but i've read that it does!!
IHavePMS
Rep:
?
(Original post by SamTheMan)
It's surprising that you say that you're not stressed but you have been pulling your hair out in the past, which is due to a condition called trichotillomania. A lot of stressed people have difficulty accepting that they're stressed or at least are oblivious to the signs of stress. I'm talking from personal experience: people see me as a relaxed kind of person who isn't easily affected by stress but it's by always trying to stick to that image, for other people and for myself, that I was always oblivious to stress.

To be honest, the easiest way to get rid of stress is to get regular sleep, and regular exercise, which is a good start to change your lifestyle. But of course that's more easily said than done.

It doesn't sound like hereditary hairloss since you're talking about huge amounts of hair whereas people who are destined to go bald usually lose their hair more gradually. You probably already know if there's a history of hairloss in your family...
I've never heard of the condition but i'll look into it. Thank you. It's definitely not hereditary; everyone in my family has really healthy hair growth.

And you guys, stop talking about chest hair :eek: :ahhhhh: :puke:
CharleeB
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Anaemia can cause hair loss and tiredness. I went to the doctor because my hairdresser said that it might be that (she suffered from it with that symptom), but mine just turned out to be a severe allergy.
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by technik)
it keeps growing for a long time yet...so dont worry
It keeps going forever, does odd hair growth. This can be seen in the fact that old men have hair growing out of their ears. Now that's just... disgusting. My dad's starting to get ear hair.

Heeey, that gives me an idea! Everyone can shave off their unwanted hair and give it to certain people who's hair is falling out.... and they can glue it to their head. Imagine it - an entire wig made out of old man ear hair.
IHavePMS
Rep:
?
(Original post by CharleeB)
Anaemia can cause hair loss and tiredness. I went to the doctor because my hairdresser said that it might be that (she suffered from it with that symptom), but mine just turned out to be a severe allergy.
Well so far that seems to be the only explanation. I tried to book with the doctors today but no appointments until next wednesday and i'm off to University on thursday so I won't have the time. >.<
IHavePMS
Rep:
?
Ear hair?! That -is- disgusting. Not as sickly as an entire wig made out of pubic hair though :x
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ear hair?! That -is- disgusting. Not as sickly as an entire wig made out of pubic hair though :x
Personally, I'd quite enjoy a pubic wig. A wig made out of pubic hair that is, not... a wig for the pubic region. Though now that I mention it...
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ear hair?! That -is- disgusting.
take a look at this.

Also whilst looking for that one I found an absolutely priceless picture, here. It's the expression on the guy's face that does it.
IHavePMS
Rep:
?
Personally, I'd quite enjoy a pubic wig. A wig made out of pubic hair that is, not... a wig for the pubic region. Though now that I mention it...
'hello i'd like a wig for...well, it's always a little chilly down there and it needs a dye job so...' ='(
IHavePMS
Rep:
?
take a look at this.

Also whilst looking for that one I found an absolutely priceless picture, here. It's the expression on the guy's face that does it.
OMGoogle that's awful :eek: :'( I'm so glad i'm female
nikk
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
'hello i'd like a wig for...well, it's always a little chilly down there and it needs a dye job so...' ='(
Hows it going baldy?!? :p: Found out what's happening yet? (Can't be bothered to read thread!)
IHavePMS
Rep:
?
(Original post by NikNak)
Hows it going baldy?!? :p: Found out what's happening yet? (Can't be bothered to read thread!)
Grrr :mad:

Can't get an appointment with the doctor just yet, so i'll have to wait and see what happens. It's still pretty bad, though, won't stop falling, albeit slowly.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (78)
19.45%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (163)
40.65%
Nope, not that interesting (160)
39.9%

Watched Threads