Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I’m looking at applying to London met for the airline, airport and aviation management course and wondered what it’s like. Has anyone studied it or gone to London met and can tell me what it’s like? I haven’t had a chance to visit due to COVID so wondered what the facilities, accomodation, student life etc is like
f.ga010301
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m looking at applying to London met for the airline, airport and aviation management course and wondered what it’s like. Has anyone studied it or gone to London met and can tell me what it’s like? I haven’t had a chance to visit due to COVID so wondered what the facilities, accomodation, student life etc is like
Hi, i am a biomedical science student at london met. the airline, airport and aviation management course is of high quality and the uni has a lot of professional links and accreditations where you will be encouraged to obtain Royal Aeronautical Society membership and engage with the Society's regular lectures and events throughout your studies. they also have links with the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT), which is a professionally focused partner for the aviation sector and membership of CILT is strongly encouraged.

London met has a great community feel and everyone is so friendly which is exactly what you need when studying for a degree. lecturers are really hands-on and constantly checking up with you to see your progress and always willing to help. they're always asking for feedback from their students too which is great because it shows that our opinions matter because at the end of the day we are the ones actually studying and paying to study. I do enjoy my course because its really well organised and the lecturers make it engaging too. of course, online learning has its struggles but if you tell your tutors how you feel they really take everything into account and help you make the most of your degree and learning.

due to covid, most if not all the learning is online and access to things like library books can be found virtually which is good. you can find more info about accommodation here- https://www.londonmet.ac.uk/services...accommodation/

london met have a great students union and lots of great societies that you can join to help you get to know new people which is helpful in the current climate. more info can be found here- https://www.londonmetsu.org.uk/

hope this helps and if you have any more questions please do ask!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by f.ga010301)
Hi, i am a biomedical science student at london met. the airline, airport and aviation management course is of high quality and the uni has a lot of professional links and accreditations where you will be encouraged to obtain Royal Aeronautical Society membership and engage with the Society's regular lectures and events throughout your studies. they also have links with the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT), which is a professionally focused partner for the aviation sector and membership of CILT is strongly encouraged.

London met has a great community feel and everyone is so friendly which is exactly what you need when studying for a degree. lecturers are really hands-on and constantly checking up with you to see your progress and always willing to help. they're always asking for feedback from their students too which is great because it shows that our opinions matter because at the end of the day we are the ones actually studying and paying to study. I do enjoy my course because its really well organised and the lecturers make it engaging too. of course, online learning has its struggles but if you tell your tutors how you feel they really take everything into account and help you make the most of your degree and learning.

due to covid, most if not all the learning is online and access to things like library books can be found virtually which is good. you can find more info about accommodation here- https://www.londonmet.ac.uk/services...accommodation/

london met have a great students union and lots of great societies that you can join to help you get to know new people which is helpful in the current climate. more info can be found here- https://www.londonmetsu.org.uk/

hope this helps and if you have any more questions please do ask!
Thank you so much for your reply! It was so helpful. I just have a couple more questions sorry! What sort of area is the uni and accomodation based in and are there any accomodations which are good/ bad? Thank you
f.ga010301
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you so much for your reply! It was so helpful. I just have a couple more questions sorry! What sort of area is the uni and accomodation based in and are there any accomodations which are good/ bad? Thank you
hi! london met has two campuses, one on holloway road and the other in aldgate. i believe that you will be taught at the holloway road campus which is great because the tube station is just across the road from the uni and there are lots of shops, restaurants, cafes etc around and its only two stops on the tube to kings cross station. there are accomodations just directly across the road from the uni which is helpful but these ive heard they are quite pricey. most of my friends who live in accomodation live maybe a 10-15 minute tube ride away and they seem to have more reasonable prices and arent too far which is great. you can use unite students to find accommodation all over the london and find which one best suits you. https://www.unitestudents.com/

hope this help and again if you have more qustions please ask!
Lori130998
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi, I have had a difficult year as I am a transfer student from a russell group and study bioscience, educationally it has been far more relevant than my previous university and they are laid back and mostly friendly. My issue has been with the fact they offered zero support to make new friends from the university when I moved especially as a transfer and the disability support hasn't been great. My flatmate is just finishing the course you will be studying and loved it however.
RichPiana
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
It’s situated down the road from the UK’s biggest library called the Emirates Stadium.
Proxenus
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
really good uni.defo reccomend
lawdreamer23
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey! I know this post is old, but I figured I would put something forward for anyone who stumbles upon it looking for information similar to what OP asked.

I am graduating from London Met this year.

It was never my top choice uni (I ended up there through clearing), and a more specific answer will depend on how good they are for your specific course which I can't answer.

However, more generally, I find a lot of the University lecturers/staff are incredibly friendly and approachable. It isn't exactly top of the leaderboard in rankings but the Uni does (in my opinion) really care that you are getting the grades you want, and the support you need. The regularly offer various careers talks, opportunities to gain work experience through them or potentially work with/for them (e.g. I got paid London Living Wage by the uni to help first years settle in, and my hours were completely flexible).

Also, I have found they are pretty understanding provided you communicate with them. For example, I have depression, which flared up significantly during my first year and I got an email as a warning about my attendance. I just sent an email saying how I felt with my mental health and they were super supportive, gave me various suggestions of what they could do to help and just gave me time to feel better. In my third year, I was struggling financially and had to work full time whilst I studied. I reached out to them in advance to explain, had a couple of meetings, and they were happy to let me skip lectures provided my grades maintained, and they sorted financial advice appointments with their Finance Department to help me avoid having to drop out. Like a poster mentioned before me - they are laid back and friendly, but you have to have give and take there by making sure you are communicating with them.

A further positive is that I had a really amazing experience with their Disability and Dyslexia Service (DDS). I told them about my mental health and they made really helpful adjustments for me (e.g. extra time in exams for anxiety, sympathetic consideration for presentations if I had panic attacks, I could leave class abruptly if I needed to, etc.). My DDS person was incredible too. She checked up on me regularly. I didn't reply to her for a whole year but she still made the effort to email me every month or so just to remind me she was there for me if I needed her, and to see if I needed any changes to my adjustments.

The building is alright (Holloway, where you should be based), and not too difficult to navigate your way around although it is pretty big. The library is good too. There are some nice places to eat around, and the uni building itself has plenty of little canteens.

There is loads of accommodation right by the university (Unite Students, Chapter Highbury, iQ Accommodation). They are SUPER expensive in my opinion. If you have the money, go for it. If not, I stayed in Tottenham (Unite Students North Lodge, then Unite Students Station Court). Still expensive because its London... But Station Court was £166pw and Stapleton House (right outside the uni) is more like £270pw or something crazy. Tottenham Hale/Seven Sisters was a super quick tube journey away from the Holloway Road campus.

I hope this helps anyone who needs it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
16.38%
I need help researching courses (8)
6.9%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
6.03%
I need help with my personal statement (44)
37.93%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (29)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
1.72%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (7)
6.03%

Watched Threads