The Student Room Group

Postgraduate Nursing

Hi everyone! I have graduated from a Psychology degree and I have now decided to study Adult Nursing as a postgraduate at University of Birmingham. My interview is in couple of days. I’m a bit nervous. Any help would be much appreciated.
Original post by Nursash12
Hi everyone! I have graduated from a Psychology degree and I have now decided to study Adult Nursing as a postgraduate at University of Birmingham. My interview is in couple of days. I’m a bit nervous. Any help would be much appreciated.

I've had 3 adult nursing interviews so far and I've been accepted by all of them. I'm really bad at interviews and I'm shy and I do not speak clearly sometimes so if I can get offers you can. You just need to make sure you know what the 6cs are, skills and qualifications needed to be an adult nurse and also skills/qualifications you have that would make you a good nurse. Every uni is different so they ask different questions but those topics came up in all my interviews. Also know about the NHS nurse values. you may also get a group interview which I found was really good. during mine they asked us to watch a video and speak about it as a group. Make sure you speak up and make sure everyone is involved. Apart from that just read about anything you've heard in the news about NHS nurses because they may ask you about it and you'll be good. Also read through your personal statement again because they might ask you about it. It's honestly not that serious just relax. I was so scared and still am nervous for my 2 interviews but I'm sure you'll get offers. Good luck and I hope this helped ! xx (If you want to know other questions they asked me let me know :wink:)
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Priscillaxo
I've had 3 adult nursing interviews so far and I've been accepted by all of them. I'm really bad at interviews and I'm shy and I do not speak clearly sometimes so if I can get offers you can. You just need to make sure you know what the 6cs are, skills and qualifications needed to be an adult nurse and also skills/qualifications you have that would make you a good nurse. Every uni is different so they ask different questions but those topics came up in all my interviews. Also know about the NHS nurse values. you may also get a group interview which I found was really good. during mine they asked us to watch a video and speak about it as a group. Make sure you speak up and make sure everyone is involved. Apart from that just read about anything you've heard in the news about NHS nurses because they may ask you about it and you'll be good. Also read through your personal statement again because they might ask you about it. It's honestly not that serious just relax. I was so scared and still am nervous for my 2 interviews but I'm sure you'll get offers. Good luck and I hope this helped ! xx (If you want to know other questions they asked me let me know :wink:)

Thank you so much. They said no group interview. Only one to one interview. I just wanted to know what type of questions they would ask so I can prepare in advance.
Good luck with your other interviews x
Reply 3

Thank you so much. They said no group interview. Only one to one interview. I just wanted to know what type of questions they would ask so I can prepare in advance.
Good luck with your other interviews x

Things that may come up include showing NHS values, nursing professional values (the NMC code may help here - https://www.nmc.org.uk/standards/code/read-the-code-online/ - along with generally noseying at the NMC) and the 6 Cs (article is a bit old but still may help https://www.nursingtimes.net/roles/nurse-managers/exclusive-6cs-nursing-values-to-be-rolled-out-to-all-nhs-staff-23-04-2014/#:~:text=The%206Cs%20%E2%80%93%20care%2C%20compassion%2C,and%20launched%20in%20December%202012. )
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Emily_B
Things that may come up include showing NHS values, nursing professional values (the NMC code may help here - https://www.nmc.org.uk/standards/code/read-the-code-online/ - along with generally noseying at the NMC) and the 6 Cs (article is a bit old but still may help https://www.nursingtimes.net/roles/nurse-managers/exclusive-6cs-nursing-values-to-be-rolled-out-to-all-nhs-staff-23-04-2014/#:~:text=The%206Cs%20%E2%80%93%20care%2C%20compassion%2C,and%20launched%20in%20December%202012. )

Thank you really appreciate it
No problem ! These were some of the questions I was asked between the three unis:
1. Tell us more about your personal statement
2. What does diversity mean for you
3 why would you be a good adult nurse?
4. (Scenario questions) e.g you’re running and you see a person on the floor looking pale and in pain what would you do?
5. What skills and qualities do you think an adult nurse has to have?
6. How do you handle stress?
7 Why do you want to be an adult nurse?
8. Have you seen anything interesting in the news about the NHS or nursing that you want to tell us about?
9. Tell me about a time you had criticism and how did you respond:
10. How well do you work in a team?
11. Tell me about a time you showed you care or compassion:

(I’ll edit this and add more when I remember some more questions) Hope this helps and good luck with your interviews ! x
Reply 6
Thank you so much xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending