Rate the seriousness of your covid measures out of 10

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
We have a tiered system for outside activities. We cannot touch any public surface directly with hands. We cannot use cash unless the payment is cash only. Everything must be cleaned upon returning home. Face masks must be on at all times outside home and when accepting deliveries and welcoming visitors. Our time outside must be minimum.
For outside activities, we have the following tiers:
Dine ins: (We are Tier 3 now, expected to last until end of April)
Tier 1: Family dine ins allowed in all districts, but limited to weekends for breakfast/lunch. No dine ins of 1 person allowed.
Tier 2: Only breakfast dine ins are allowed on weekends.
Tier 3: No dine ins at all.
Public transport: (My sister and I are Tier 2, parents are tier 1)
Tier 1: Reduce rush hour rides on weekdays. No restrictions on weekends or holidays, but they should be for mandatory purposes such as school and work.
Tier 2: Rides only allowed during off-peak hours on weekdays.
Tier 3: No public transport rides allowed for a 30-day period unless urgent. This happened five times.

This is 10/10.
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
What we're supposed to be doing or what we're actually doing?!
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
We have revised the system for Omicron. We started off at tier 3 for dining and tier 1 for public transport, but my dad and I are both in tier 2 for the latter as he works from home and I am having my semester break. Once my sister had a class suspension, she will rise to tier 2, or even tier 3.

In addition, we cannot touch any public surface directly with hands. We cannot use cash unless the payment is cash only, but for me, if my current Octopus balance is less than the bill to be paid, cash is allowed. Everything must be cleaned within 5 minutes after returning home, and our hands have to be washed thoroughly. You need to wash again if you used the soap for less than 30 seconds. Face masks must be on at all times outside home and when accepting deliveries. Visitors are not allowed in my home. Our time outside must be minimum, counted to the second and all commutes home should have the fastest possible walking speed.

Dine ins:
Tier 1: Dine ins allowed for breakfast/lunch for most days, and some days for dinner.
Tier 2: Only breakfast dine ins are allowed at restaurants. For canteens and food outlets on campuses/in offices, all off peak times when it is open is OK.
Tier 3: No dine ins at all.

Public transport:
Tier 1: Only necessary rides are allowed, but rides are allowed at most times.
Tier 2: Same as tier 1, but rides are only allowed between 10-5 on weekdays. But my dad and I have exceptions on some Sundays, as he needs to lead the singspiration sometimes, while I need to help with the live broadcast of the service, making sure the sound and video is working well.
Tier 3: No public transport rides allowed for a 30-day period unless urgent.

Please give a letter for these rules, if the current UK rules are plan B. I think this is already plan X or something similar.
What are you doing to prevent Omicron?
Last edited by 8013; 2 weeks ago
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.2%
October 2021 (223)
44.6%
November 2021 (59)
11.8%
December 2021 (64)
12.8%
January 2021 (60)
12%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.6%