The Student Room Group

Do you think it’ll be harder to get into oxbridge this year?

Given the teacher inflated grades that all will receive do you think that Oxbridge will be more lenient and accept more people or will it be harder to get a place?
Reply 1
Original post by yellowjeebz
I'm not totally sure, not my area of expertise, but they might increase entry requirements??

Are the entry requirements going to stay that high for the 2022/2023 cohort as well?
Reply 2
Original post by username11235813
Some colleges have, and they've also made fewer offers.

Do you think that’s going to continue for future cohorts?
As far as I know they don’t generally care abt ur predicted grades as long as they meet the minimum requirements... so when ur applying there won’t be any difference

When it comes to interviews and offers, maybe they’ll do less bc they don’t want to be oversubscribed...
Or they might do what Cambridge is doing this yr 😬
Original post by Anonymous
Do you think that’s going to continue for future cohorts?

Yes
Reply 5
Any year after 2021 shouldn't be affected. Cambridge made sure of that.
Reply 6
As far as I know they don’t generally care abt ur predicted grades as long as they meet the minimum requirements... so when ur applying there won’t be any difference

When it comes to interviews and offers, maybe they’ll do less bc they don’t want to be oversubscribed...
Or they might do what Cambridge is doing this yr 😬

What is Cambridge doing this year?
Reply 7
Yes

Why?
What is Cambridge doing this year?

It’s on the news...
I don’t know the precise details but basically they’ve said that they’re oversubscribing so offer holders may not be able to go even if they’ve put it as their firm choice
If they're talking about an oversubscription clause, of course.
I'm a graduate applicant and I'm not sure if this will be relevant (I assume you're talking about undergrad entry?) but just to give you an idea... I applied to Oxbridge and they were far from lenient lol. There were more than double the number of usual applications for the 2021 intake compared to previous years (at least this was the case for my course and I heard similar stories from people on other courses). Bearing that in mind... the competition was definitely tougher (for 2021 intake) with the large number of excellent applicants. Don't let this discourage you though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending