Chestfeeding and human milk (trigger warning)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Do you support chest feeding and human milk? Please note below spoiler is a trigger warning:

Spoiler:
Show
chest feeding = breast feeding, and human milk = mother's milk

Hospitals are renaming to avoid gender stereotypes.

Article: https://news.sky.com/story/hospital-...vices-12214018
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
There's already a thread on this just saw now by Napp so you can close this one.
Vapordave
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I can't see Napp's post, so I'll post here.

Meh. It's been devised with the people it intends to be inclusive to, and they seem be very careful not to erase women and motherhood. There are more important things to worry about tbh.
Starship Trooper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Liberal athiest: 'religious people are crazy and believe a load of unscientific nonsense'

Also liberal atheists: 'I'm just going to go and chest feed my non binary infant'
Hallouminatus
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I find it hard to believe that this is truly being done in the the interests of inclusion. If this is not a bad joke, it must be a deliberate attempt to provoke division and conflict. Any lactating human produces milk from the same organ, the mammery gland, commonly known as the breast. What's the problem with the term breast feeding? "Chest feeding" is just ridiculous. "Human milk", I don't think is as bad, but still can't see what the problem with calling it "breast milk". Is "mother" also "not inclusive"? What's the acceptable alternative to refer to a person who gives birth?
caravaggio2
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Ill give this thread............15 posts.
debussy_reverie
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Vapordave)
I can't see Napp's post, so I'll post here.

Meh. It's been devised with the people it intends to be inclusive to, and they seem be very careful not to erase women and motherhood. There are more important things to worry about tbh.
yet they are trying erase to words like "woman" and "motherhood" and reserve them only for people born with a pen*s
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (54)
13.85%
Virtual campus tours/open days (89)
22.82%
Live streaming events (37)
9.49%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (38)
9.74%
A uni comparison tool (88)
22.56%
An in-person event when available (84)
21.54%