emilypotter
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hello, is there anyone on here applying or has applied to an MSc in occupational therapy?

I thought we could make a thread to discuss the process as it’s slightly different from BSc.
pickle1993
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
hello i've applied for salford and gona apply for leeds beckett. just did my ucas for bsc yesterday as well. have you applied/ are you still applying?
emilypotter
Rep:
?
(Original post by pickle1993)
hello i've applied for salford and gona apply for leeds beckett. just did my ucas for bsc yesterday as well. have you applied/ are you still applying?
Hi. That’s good to know. I’m applying for Sheffield and Leeds. I’m not applying for bsc tho only msc. Do you already have a bsc
pickle1993
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by emilypotter)
Hi. That’s good to know. I’m applying for Sheffield and Leeds. I’m not applying for bsc tho only msc. Do you already have a bsc
I was originally only gona apply for the MScs but I enquired with Leeds and they sent me a handbook that said they get 200+ applications and only have 30 places so I thought I best apply for some undergrads as well. I've got an undergrad and a masters already yeah.
emilypotter
Rep:
?
Oh really how do I get a copy of this handbook that would be interesting to read? What’s your degrees in?
pickle1993
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Oh really how do I get a copy of this handbook that would be interesting to read? What’s your degrees in?
https://www.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/-/med...onguidance.pdf

Languages undergrad and social anthropology masters, how about you?
emilypotter
Rep:
?
(Original post by pickle1993)
https://www.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/-/med...onguidance.pdf

Languages undergrad and social anthropology masters, how about you?
Thank you, ah that sounds interesting!

I did a nursing bsc
circusgeorgie
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi- I've applied for the MSc Occupational Therapy at Salford University too but haven't heard anything at all yet. Have you had any news yet? I'm also in the process of applying to a few other universities for the MSc including Sheffield Hallam. I'm considering whether it's worth applying for BSc too for next year as the masters courses do seem quite competitive. Did any of you manage to get much work/ shadowing experience during the pandemic? x
emilypotter
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by circusgeorgie)
Hi- I've applied for the MSc Occupational Therapy at Salford University too but haven't heard anything at all yet. Have you had any news yet? I'm also in the process of applying to a few other universities for the MSc including Sheffield Hallam. I'm considering whether it's worth applying for BSc too for next year as the masters courses do seem quite competitive. Did any of you manage to get much work/ shadowing experience during the pandemic? x
hi, that’s sounds good.
im a nurse so I work with OTs pretty much everyday so I have that experience but otherwise no.
Do you?
circusgeorgie
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
That sounds like great experience! I was also considering nursing too. Have you enjoyed nursing and what’s made you want to make a switch to OT? I’ve not had much luck getting OT shadowing due to the pandemic. Luckily a few OTs were willing to talk to me about the role which was useful x
LenaBrooke
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi! I've also applied for the OT masters course at Salford Uni. I haven't heard anything back yet at all and was starting to think that was a bad thing so I'm glad its not just me. I haven't had any volunteer/shadowing experience due to the pandemic x
ununpentium
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Yes I've got a place for MSc Occupational Therapy at Essex this September
orenjikas
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi everyone,

I was wondering how people are planning on financing 2 year MSc courses? Student finance maxes out at 11k and my course is 2x £9k. With some discounts and small grants I would still be short £4k in fees, and this doesn't include any money to live on!

I have some savings and some other ideas, but I am weighing a lot on Learner support fund or bursary announcement for 2021... does anyone know when this normally gets accounced?

Curious how everyone is planning to manage this?
emilypotter
Rep:
?
(Original post by orenjikas)
Hi everyone,

I was wondering how people are planning on financing 2 year MSc courses? Student finance maxes out at 11k and my course is 2x £9k. With some discounts and small grants I would still be short £4k in fees, and this doesn't include any money to live on!

I have some savings and some other ideas, but I am weighing a lot on Learner support fund or bursary announcement for 2021... does anyone know when this normally gets accounced?

Curious how everyone is planning to manage this?
Hi to my knowledge you apply for student finance like you would with an undergraduate degree for this particular masters. Contact student finance for more information
orenjikas
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi to my knowledge you apply for student finance like you would with an undergraduate degree for this particular masters. Contact student finance for more information
student finance for more information
Thanks Emily! I have looked into this now, and you may have actually saved me!!

It didn't seem clear on university or government website about this, and everything pointed to postgraduate or Masters loan. I have now found the clause about the healthcare course funding
emilypotter
Rep:
?
(Original post by orenjikas)
student finance for more information
Thanks Emily! I have looked into this now, and you may have actually saved me!!

It didn't seem clear on university or government website about this, and everything pointed to postgraduate or Masters loan. I have now found the clause about the healthcare course funding
You’re welcome! I panicked at first and thought I couldn’t do the masters glad you’ve sorted it
emilypotter
Rep:
?
Has anyone applied to Sheffield Hallam
For the MSc occupational therapy. I would just like to ask a question about the references on the application form
circusgeorgie
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Has anyone applied to Sheffield Hallam
For the MSc occupational therapy. I would just like to ask a question about the references on the application form
Yes- I've applied! Please feel free to ask about references x
emilypotter
Rep:
?
Yes- I've applied! Please feel free to ask about references x
Thank you! Did you attach your reference to your application? I didn’t realise it had to be attached I thought the references would be contacted after the application is sent like a normal job. So I’ve had to wait for the reference before submitting and now I’m anxious how long it’s taking. Have you attached the reference? I assume also the closing date for applications can’t be brought earlier ?
circusgeorgie
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I attached my reference to the application but they emailed my referees anyway to ask them to send off the reference themselves. I think there is still quite a while until the closing date too and I can’t imagine they would bring it forward. xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (27)
36.99%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (7)
9.59%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (4)
5.48%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (22)
30.14%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (8)
10.96%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (5)
6.85%

Watched Threads