Advice about Physics AS level

Watch this thread
likelyizzy
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm struggling with AS physics(edexcel btw) , i find it hard to understand most of the topics and i've tried various ways of reading but it doesn't seem to stick. I mean i do 3 A level coures which are physics, maths and computer science and im doing fairly well on them except physics. Does anyone have any tips or suggestion for me on how to get better at physics becasue getting a "D" really isn't it
Carl Pieck
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
If you're struggling with the mechanics part of Physics, you can practice a few topics from M1 and M2. (Moments, Projectile motion and components of forces, etc). The examples from the textbooks can be a big help.

M2 helped me a lot with Angular Projection.
Last edited by Carl Pieck; 1 year ago
ayzzack
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I took physics too in AS level. Watching youtube videos helps too as they can visualize what is going on.

Also, do a lot of past papers. The questions are of the same type each year.
likelyizzy
Rep:
(Original post by ayzzack)
I took physics too in AS level. Watching youtube videos helps too as they can visualize what is going on.

Also, do a lot of past papers. The questions are of the same type each year.
Do you have any particular youtube channel in mind? Also thanks for the suggestion I will start doing past papers
mb_1910
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by likelyizzy)
Do you have any particular youtube channel in mind? Also thanks for the suggestion I will start doing past papers
I've been watching physics online and science shorts to help with physics.
likelyizzy
Rep:
(Original post by Carl Pieck)
If you're struggling with the mechanics part of Physics, you can practice a few topics from M1 and M2. (Moments, Projectile motion and components of forces, etc). The examples from the textbooks can be a big help.

M2 helped me a lot with Angular Projection.
Ngl my textbook isnt really that helpful and the part i find most difficult is the topic "Waves"
mb_1910
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by likelyizzy)
Ngl my textbook isnt really that helpful and the part i find most difficult is the topic "Waves"
Have you tried revising using any of these? physics and maths tutor, Seneca or Isaac Physics??? They helped me
Last edited by mb_1910; 1 year ago
likelyizzy
Rep:
(Original post by mb_1910)
Have you tried revising using any of these? physics and maths tutor, Seneca or Isaac Physics??? They helped me
thanks for the reply, i just started using seneca recently
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (14)
31.11%
Take a gap year (10)
22.22%
Resit my exams (8)
17.78%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (6)
13.33%
I don't know yet (4)
8.89%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
6.67%

Watched Threads