The Student Room Group

Struggling during lockdown

I'm currently in year 13, doing English lit, Maths (edexcel) and Psychology. English lit and psychology are going okay, I'm definitely improving and I'm finding it easier to revise for them. However, maths is not going well at all. In every topic test I have done this year, I have gotten mainly Ds. Lockdown has been completely demotivating, as I'm sure it has been for many others, and attempting to revise for maths is very demoralising, because I find myself forgetting what I have learnt. How do I go about improving my maths grade during lockdown, and is it still possible to achieve a C or a B? Thank you!
Original post by kiera modi
I'm currently in year 13, doing English lit, Maths (edexcel) and Psychology. English lit and psychology are going okay, I'm definitely improving and I'm finding it easier to revise for them. However, maths is not going well at all. In every topic test I have done this year, I have gotten mainly Ds. Lockdown has been completely demotivating, as I'm sure it has been for many others, and attempting to revise for maths is very demoralising, because I find myself forgetting what I have learnt. How do I go about improving my maths grade during lockdown, and is it still possible to achieve a C or a B? Thank you!

Hi @kiera modi, which course have you applied for? I am sure you will achieve a C or B grade in Maths, is there any online help available to you? Just keep in mind that not having a C grade in Maths, will not necessarily close all doors to higher education, as some universities do not necessarily require you to have achieved C grade in Maths if this is not required in the course. Do your best, but don't stress yourself out too much. I hope this information has helped. If I can help further, please let me know. Rebecca :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest