Bf and babymum Valentine’s Day ?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Bf don’t celebrate Valentine’s Day and neither do I tbh but if I had to I wouldn’t mind. My bf had an accident so can’t travel as per usal to his child ( live 3hr car drive) so they come up to him and his babymum or his elderly mum brings them. ( he’s close to his babymum, they have a good co-parenting) she’s very attached to her child and wants to be everywhere with her. Anyways this weekend she is bringing her child up to him but I just realised Sunday is Valentine’s Day!!! I hope she don’t stay then because that is very awkward. My boyfriend says he wants to spend Valentine’s with his daughter (5years old) even his birthday he spent it with them ( he spent days before with me the morning then drove down to them). I don’t mind it because that means he’s a good day and a good dad is a good man. Even if he has them the weekend when he is down that city ( his /familymum lives there too) she has to see the child at least once a day she is very attached.

Baring in mind he told me she defo isn’t coming ( because his sister was going to drive his mum and child down, but his sister isn’t driving them anymore so the babymum is coming with the child and his mother as the mother is 84 she can’t come alone, he hasn’t told me she is coming as before he said she isn’t now she has to and how I know she’s coming is that I heard her on the phone saying she’s booking train tickets, he hasn’t told me....) I don’t want to bring up why did you say she’s not coming when she clearly is because it might start an argument and he might just thinking I’m trying to get involved or you know.

Should I be worried if the babymother is there on Valentine’s ?
cchloepx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
I think you have a valid right to be upset. You’re in a relationship with him too and although it’s fair for him to want to take care of his child, if his ex partner refuses to let her child go then it’s not very good co-parenting, is it?

I’d suggest this is something you communicate with him about, though.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
You don’t celebrate valentines
He doesn’t celebrate valentines
So why do you care if she’s there for valentines?
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
You say you don't celebrate Valentine's, and yet why does it feel like you're so obsessed with it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (170)
44.16%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
11.17%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.05%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.56%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.35%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.71%

Watched Threads