What do I buy for sims 4?

Watch
Pre-Med101
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello, I am asking what PC I can buy to play sims 4, the PC would be specifically for the sims only and nothing else. I do not want to spend a lot, and have a very tight budget. It would be a great help if someone could steer me in the right direction for purchasing the right desktop which can play the sims 4. Thanks for reading!
V℮rsions
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
...just for the Sims? Bro might as well get a laptop £150 Currys
You don't need a PC, just for Sims.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Pre-Med101)
Hello, I am asking what PC I can buy to play sims 4, the PC would be specifically for the sims only and nothing else. I do not want to spend a lot, and have a very tight budget. It would be a great help if someone could steer me in the right direction for purchasing the right desktop which can play the sims 4. Thanks for reading!
TS4 is quite well optimised, you don't really need a top of the range computer.

My laptop from 2012 can run it quite well, at medium settings.
yona_cb
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you're looking for a cheap but good-quality computer, I'd recommend trying a second-hand one! You can get the same model for a bit cheaper with much change to the quality : D
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What's your budget?
Pre-Med101
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gofre)
What's your budget?
Like £100-£150, and I would buy 2nd hand also, like I said, its just for sims so my budget is very small.
Pre-Med101
Rep:
?
(Original post by V℮rsions)
...just for the Sims? Bro might as well get a laptop £150 Currys
You don't need a PC, just for Sims.
Which laptop, I am no way IT minded and have no clue what would work and what would not, so if you have any suggestions I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Like £100-£150, and I would buy 2nd hand also, like I said, its just for sims so my budget is very small.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HP-EliteD...EAAOSwrjtfPPfz

From a very cursory go-over on eBay, this looks decent for about midway in your budget. Looking at benchmarks you can expect a 30+ fps experience at 720p and medium settings. However I would recommend using a little more of that £150 to buy a 240GB SSD to replace the slow, possibly almost decade-old, hard drive- it will make the system a lot snappier, cut the potentially irksome loading times of TS4 down a lot, and be more reliable than a drive that could be nearing end-of-life levels of reliability.
Pre-Med101
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gofre)
g[/s]1sEAAOSwrjtfPPfz]https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HP-EliteDesk-800-G1-i5-4670-8GB-RAM-1TB-HDD-Windows-10-Pro-Mint-Condition/274666034222?hash=item3ff35f142e:g:1sEAAOSwrjtfPPfz

From a very cursory go-over on eBay, this looks decent for about midway in your budget. Looking at benchmarks you can expect a 30+ fps experience at 720p and medium settings. However I would recommend using a little more of that £150 to buy a 240GB SSD to replace the slow, possibly almost decade-old, hard drive- it will make the system a lot snappier, cut the potentially irksome loading times of TS4 down a lot, and be more reliable than a drive that could be nearing end-of-life levels of reliability.
Thanks! Is there any laptops that would be able to run the game on medium settings (in my budget range or close) again 2nd hand in fine!
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thanks! Is there any laptops that would be able to run the game on medium settings (in my budget range or close) again 2nd hand in fine!
It's a harder ask since laptops tend to fetch more and aren't available in the same quantities as old business desktops. You're going to want a processor from the same generation or ideally better to be in a similar ballpark of performance, and even then it's going to be worse. Having another quick look, you can pick up laptops with 4300U or 5300U processors for a little over your budget, albeit with some form of damage to the exterior or keyboard/trackpad/screen. I'm only looking at Buy It Now listings though, you may have more luck with auctions.
6lack
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Id just buy an xbox one tbh
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 6lack)
Id just buy an xbox one tbh
I really doubt the console edition of The Sims 4 is what they had in mind.
6lack
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Gofre)
I really doubt the console edition of The Sims 4 is what they had in mind.
No difference.. it will be much cheaper than buying a laptop capable of running sims 4
DR.DOOM
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Get a good PC and play Sekiro, not sims 4 trash
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (58)
13.33%
Virtual campus tours/open days (100)
22.99%
Live streaming events (39)
8.97%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (41)
9.43%
A uni comparison tool (100)
22.99%
An in-person event when available (97)
22.3%