Weightloss and biking

Watch
rachaelv
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi, so I've just been cycling for about 15 minutes and now I feel quite dizzy...I was wondering whether it was caused by not cycling for a year or so. Or whether it was because I've been on a diet of 800 calories a day?

Thanks
MaryJoG
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I’d say you’re doing too much too quickly, enjoy cycling and taking in new routes and before you know it you’ll be fitter than ever.
Good luck
MJ
Dax_Swagg3r
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
800kcals. Feeling the effects now huh?
rachaelv
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dax_Swagg3r)
800kcals. Feeling the effects now huh?
It's a possibility. Though I'd rather not increase so that I don't gain weight. It could just be the cycling
Dax_Swagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by rachaelv)
It's a possibility. Though I'd rather not increase so that I don't gain weight. It could just be the cycling
Eat in a small deficit not in a large one. And yes it is the cycling however it is your diet is the thing that caused you to go lightheaded after 15 mins of exercise.
V℮rsions
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
go up to 1200 calories, that's still a good amount for weightloss - and much more healthy
Archosaur
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You need to eat more if you plan on exercising.

I've been intermittent fasting for about 2 weeks for 23 hours a day with only 1 hour eating periods - I'd only consume about 300 calories max. Every time I have tried to exercise, I've felt like collapsing.

Note: I've been fasting because I was originally classified as obese weighing 78kg at a height of 5'2" back in May of last year. I'm trying out fasting as I am still on my weight loss journey even though I've lost 20kg.
JaseyB
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Anyone that thinks eating 300-800 calories /day is a good thing is very much mistaken, that is way too low and can be quite dangerous, eating 800/day should only be considered if you are instructed and monitored by a healthcare professional eating less than that is, well it isn't going to end well.
rachaelv
Rep:
?
(Original post by V℮rsions)
go up to 1200 calories, that's still a good amount for weightloss - and much more healthy
That seems like a heck of a lot of calories...
rachaelv
Rep:
?
(Original post by JaseyB)
Anyone that thinks eating 300-800 calories /day is a good thing is very much mistaken, that is way too low and can be quite dangerous, eating 800/day should only be considered if you are instructed and monitored by a healthcare professional eating less than that is, well it isn't going to end well.
I consider it to be a good thing because it enables you to lose weight as well as learn you don't actually need much food to survive
V℮rsions
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I consider it to be a good thing because it enables you to lose weight as well as learn you don't actually need much food to survive
Let me just point out real quick that health =/= survive. You can survive in the worst conditions and feel like absolute garbage, but you're not healthy. Go to 1200
rachaelv
Rep:
?
(Original post by V℮rsions)
Let me just point out real quick that health =/= survive. You can survive in the worst conditions and feel like absolute garbage, but you're not healthy. Go to 1200
1200 seems like an awful lot
Dax_Swagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
1200 seems like an awful lot
go to a doctor please.
rachaelv
Rep:
?
go to a doctor please.
I don't need to go to the doctor's
Dax_Swagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I don't need to go to the doctor's
You do, you have problem that people on the internet cannot solve.
rachaelv
Rep:
?
You do, you have problem that people on the internet cannot solve.
Losing weight isn't a problem though??
rachaelv
Rep:
?
(Original post by MaryJoG)
I’d say you’re doing too much too quickly, enjoy cycling and taking in new routes and before you know it you’ll be fitter than ever.
Good luck
MJ
Thank you!
Dax_Swagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Losing weight isn't a problem though??
Thinking eating 800 kcalories is enough even though you have suffered some of the issues it brings and thinking that 1200 kcalories is too much and will cause you to gain weight is a problem.
rachaelv
Rep:
?
Thinking eating 800 kcalories is enough even though you have suffered some of the issues it brings and thinking that 1200 kcalories is too much and will cause you to gain weight is a problem.
It has been enough though, apart from the quick spell yesterday
Dax_Swagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It has been enough though, apart from the quick spell yesterday
No thats not how it works. That quick spell is enough to tell you its not enough.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (58)
13.39%
Virtual campus tours/open days (99)
22.86%
Live streaming events (39)
9.01%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (41)
9.47%
A uni comparison tool (99)
22.86%
An in-person event when available (97)
22.4%