anonymous34678
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
i am predicted very high grades for GCSE. I know I want to work in health and social care in some sort of psychological related job. Do I take 3 A Levels or a BTEC? I'm doing Level 2 health and social at the moment, and I love it. But would it be a waste of my academic ability to do it at L3? Please help
Nobody2u
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by anonymous34678)
i am predicted very high grades for GCSE. I know I want to work in health and social care in some sort of psychological related job. Do I take 3 A Levels or a BTEC? I'm doing Level 2 health and social at the moment, and I love it. But would it be a waste of my academic ability to do it at L3? Please help
As a mother of three children, I'll give you the advice I gave my eldest: ' Don' t close doors!' With an I.Q of over 150 he finished basic education 2 years in advance and then thought he wanted to be a doctor. Having never worked before, he found this hard and decided it wasn't for him. He then changed to an economics degree, and then again to law which he finally stuck with right to the end.
What I'm getting at is this..... because he'd got excellent mainstream qualifications, he was allowed to make mistakes and start over. By choosing something more unusual, even if it's an excellent qualification, you might close some doors. My experience dates back 8 years, I may be wrong, but I think people and recruiters in general prefer qualifications that they can relate to, and most recruiters today are from a generation that took 'A' levels. HOWEVER, if you have the opportunity to speak to a professional careers adviser, this might be a good place to start.
fxxs
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by anonymous34678)
Hi, i got the max grade i could get for hsc and i also loveddd gcse hsc and im carrying it on right now in college. I would say do you like doing essays, and do you procrastinate alot because you will have alot of course. If you do end up choosing hsc i would advice you to do your coursework as soon as it is set or you will be stressed out both work overload and it can get hard.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (26)
13.83%
Virtual campus tours/open days (43)
22.87%
Live streaming events (17)
9.04%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (18)
9.57%
A uni comparison tool (42)
22.34%
An in-person event when available (42)
22.34%