liverpool to royal holloway, london. HELP! Watch

This discussion is closed.
lookintomyeyes
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
well i am supposed to be going to look around royal holloway on feb 2nd which is about 30 mins outside of london city centre. im supposed to be there for 11. coaches that ive found although reasonably priced will not get me there in time, and trains appear to cost in excess of £100 which can **** right off. im now searching for flights, hahaha. anyone driving down that way that morning?!
MRLX69
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lookintomyeyes)
well i am supposed to be going to look around royal holloway on feb 2nd which is about 30 mins outside of london city centre. im supposed to be there for 11. coaches that ive found although reasonably priced will not get me there in time, and trains appear to cost in excess of £100 which can **** right off. im now searching for flights, hahaha. anyone driving down that way that morning?!
Try camping on the roadside over a week while you're walking there
lookintomyeyes
thats probably the cheapest option. thanks for your advice
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Where do you actually live anyway? You could drive or something.
hallucination
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Explain your situation to the university and see if you can go at a different time - afternoon would be easier. Or if you didn't get there in time for 11am - how late would you be?
pghstochaj
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hmm, firstly get a young person's railcard if you intend to visit one or two other places (it might even pay for itself on this journey)

There seem to be virgin advance value fares on this route as low as £10 each way, however, they either don't exist or haven't yet been made available.

For a standad open return, Liverpool to Egham it would be £125.40 according to the database with a YP card, very expensive for only a 4.25 hr journey.

Sorry I can't be of help.
lookintomyeyes
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE GREENLINE COACH STATION IS? its near victoria train station - i could get to here, how far away is this from rhul?
tdg1986
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Greenline coach station is on Buckingham Palace Rd (I think) in between Victoria train and Victoria coach station.

Try www.multimap.com for maps
hols
Report 14 years ago
If it drops you off near victoria station, you should be able to get on the tube there to waterloo where you can get the train to egham. Not 100% sure though so you should check.
pepperpot80
Report 14 years ago
1. The Megabus. http://www.megabus.com/ This may take some time, although it's cheap. I would suggest seeing if they (RHUL) will grant you a night's accommodation, although that may be a bit late now. But one of those buses will get you from Manchester to Victoria, and from Victoria you just need to to go to Clapham or Waterloo and then on to Egham Station (by train) or catch a bus to Egham. However that may not be useful to you, although I hope someone finds it useful.

You would have to get up early, but on the flip side the coach would only cost you £2 return, and full fare return on the trains to Egham is £7. Total cost... £9.

Just an option.
lookintomyeyes
thanks, i was just about to mention the megabus actually, id considered it but it wouldnt get me there in time for the open day. however, i completely forgot i have a friend who lives in london, who i could probably stay with the night before, so i might get the megabus on the previous day, have a look round and then go on the open day the day after. sorted. thanks for the help, everybody.
InterCity125
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Virgin value fares? 14 day advance?
Ask at your freidly BR booking office.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (89)
19.96%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (180)
40.36%
Nope, not that interesting (177)
39.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed