students118
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
does anyone know what the deadline is for booking accom? idk if im firming Plymouth yet so don't want to book anything too early
repap
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by students118)
does anyone know what the deadline is for booking accom? idk if im firming Plymouth yet so don't want to book anything too early
same
students118
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by repap)
same
just checked. for halls its around June time so we've got ages
Ellisabethrrose
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hiiii I just got an offer for A100 I'm a home student! I am planning on firming Plymouth but I have to wait until I get my Liverpool interview result! I'd love to chat with anyone else who is planning to firm Plymouth! xx
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Ellisabethrrose)
Hiiii I just got an offer for A100 I'm a home student! I am planning on firming Plymouth but I have to wait until I get my Liverpool interview result! I'd love to chat with anyone else who is planning to firm Plymouth! xx
Congratulations.

Well you can chat with them in this thread :lol:

Remember that for your protection, no group chats are allowed!
m.j.5413
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i’m planning to firm plymouth too!! i’m still waiting to hear back from keele tho xx
28V_07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey guys, does anyone know when we have to book accommodation?
m.j.5413
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 28V_07)
Hey guys, does anyone know when we have to book accommodation?
i think it’s open until the end of june
Ellisabethrrose
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by m.j.5413)
i’m planning to firm plymouth too!! i’m still waiting to hear back from keele tho xx
What accommodation are you planning on choosing xx
m.j.5413
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What accommodation are you planning on choosing xx
i spoke to someone whose a first year at plymouth and they said astor house is amazing and a lot of med students go there xx
holly055
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by m.j.5413)
i spoke to someone whose a first year at plymouth and they said astor house is amazing and a lot of med students go there xx
Heya I’m a deferred applicant from last year so already have my grades and offer and I’ve booked Astor house 😊
Tash00
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So why is Astor very popular among medics?
Last edited by Tash00; 1 week ago
aspmedic
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Medic12347392)
Yeah sure
Astor House looks good, but is about 15 mins from campus and likely will have students from other institutions in Plymouth. Keen to understand which accommodation would be shared by other medics or at least other courses with longer days. Not sure being in a noisy 'party house' will work whilst doing medicine!
cameron_0202
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by aspmedic)
Astor House looks good, but is about 15 mins from campus and likely will have students from other institutions in Plymouth. Keen to understand which accommodation would be shared by other medics or at least other courses with longer days. Not sure being in a noisy 'party house' will work whilst doing medicine!
There isn't really any accommodation near the campus at Derriford, and also, if you don't want to be in a 'party house', you don't really want to be in halls of residence on the Plymouth campus. I'd say that private accommodation really is your best bet.
chris_rp:)
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by aspmedic)
I'm also looking at Astor House and it looks great! Definitely won't be applying to the halls through the uni as they are much more expensive - like a grand extra over the year! I'm also looking into other private accommodation like The Old Dairy, but like you I want to be around others with longer courses or other medics. Astor house seems to be quite popular with medics, does anyone know why?
chris_rp:)
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I'm also planning to firm Plymouth (home student too)! Just need to wait for Cardiff and Exeter to get back to me first before I properly decide though! I just think being able to study medicine right next to the sea sounds amazing!!
njayne
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
just looking at booking astor, has anyone booked it yet? and which flat have you booked into?
holly055
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by njayne)
just looking at booking astor, has anyone booked it yet? and which flat have you booked into?
I’ve booked Astor house in block C 😊.
njayne
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by holly055)
I’ve booked Astor house in block C 😊.
same! i’m on floor 7?
Tash00
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Do medics need a 41 or 51 week contract?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (311)
52.8%
No (278)
47.2%

Watched Threads