fxxs
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi
So i have dyed my hair with a brown box dye, before that my hair was a really dark brown, i used a light brown box dye i used the Live urban brown.
I wanted to dye my hair lighter, but do i have to bleach my hair. I also have a-lot of regrowth of my natural hair and i’m scared the top on my hair will be very light if i bleach it. Can i use a blonde box dye on top of my already brown box dyed hair to go lighter?
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I would be inclined not to do anything adventurous in terms of hair colour at the moment.

If you do it yourself and it doesn't look good, you won't be able to find a hairdresser open who can make it look decent for you.
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You can't just 'dye' your hair lighter if it's already dark, it will need to be bleached.
I'd recommend waiting to get it done at a salon though, they'll be able to do it in such a way that it doesn't fry the ever loving frick out of your hair.
fxxs
Rep:
?
(Original post by MidgetFever)
You can't just 'dye' your hair lighter if it's already dark, it will need to be bleached.
I'd recommend waiting to get it done at a salon though, they'll be able to do it in such a way that it doesn't fry the ever loving frick out of your hair.
I used the Live box dye and my hair went lighter.
and my hair doesn’t show so it doesn't really matter to me if i mess up but i obviously want to do a good job haha
fxxs
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kerzen)
I would be inclined not to do anything adventurous in terms of hair colour at the moment.

If you do it yourself and it doesn't look good, you won't be able to find a hairdresser open who can make it look decent for you.
I dont mind if my hair doesn’t look good because my hair gets covered haha, but i obviously do want it to look good. I dont want to spend a lot of money at the hairdressers especially when i dont show my hair. Been bored during lockdown, thinking of doing something different lol
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by fxxs)
I used the Live box dye and my hair went lighter.
and my hair doesn’t show so it doesn't really matter to me if i mess up but i obviously want to do a good job haha
What do you mean your hair doesn't show, sorry?
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by fxxs)
My hair gets covered, i wear a hijab.
Oh! I get you, sorry about that.

I still wouldn't personally recommend doing it at home, especially if you want healthy hair. Bleaching can damage it to the point that the ends break off if it's too strong or left on for too long. I'd only ever done it at home once, with the lowest volume peroxide and I honestly regretted it so much afterwards, it felt horrible.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (413)
52.21%
No (378)
47.79%

Watched Threads