james22113
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi so im now picking my GCSE options ive been given a onlin form to fill. i have about 10 options to pick from (not including core subjects) and i have 5 choices (1st choice, 2nd choice 3rd choice etcc.... up until 5)
im choosing buinsess studies for my first choice, computer science for my second and pe for my third. i only get 2 of the 5 i selected by the way. for the last 2 i cant seem to like anything and dont know what to pick. i was wondering if i picked business again for my last 2 options will that guarentee me business studies?
S.543
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by james22113)
Hi so im now picking my GCSE options ive been given a onlin form to fill. i have about 10 options to pick from (not including core subjects) and i have 5 choices (1st choice, 2nd choice 3rd choice etcc.... up until 5)
im choosing buinsess studies for my first choice, computer science for my second and pe for my third. i only get 2 of the 5 i selected by the way. for the last 2 i cant seem to like anything and dont know what to pick. i was wondering if i picked business again for my last 2 options will that guarentee me business studies?
You'll most likely get your first 2 options, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. I've never heard of anyone not being able to do their preferred options for GCSE.
If you really don't like any of the other options available, I don't see the harm in choosing business studies twice. I think the data is manually processed into a data set to make the classes and timetables, so the person recieving your options would understand that you would really want to do business studies.
I think the reason for the 5 options is to make each student really think about what they would like to do, and to possibly look into each subject to rank them from their favourite, to least favourite.
Hope this helps
james22113
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by S.543)
You'll most likely get your first 2 options, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. I've never heard of anyone not being able to do their preferred options for GCSE.
If you really don't like any of the other options available, I don't see the harm in choosing business studies twice. I think the data is manually processed into a data set to make the classes and timetables, so the person recieving your options would understand that you would really want to do business studies.
I think the reason for the 5 options is to make each student really think about what they would like to do, and to possibly look into each subject to rank them from their favourite, to least favourite.
Hope this helps
Thanks alot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (29)
13.49%
I need help researching courses (14)
6.51%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.19%
I need help with my personal statement (90)
41.86%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (52)
24.19%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (4)
1.86%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (17)
7.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise