Please Help With Household Income?

Watch
Jessbeedle
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi all! I’ve recently moved out of my parents to move into a rented flat with my boyfriend which we both pay towards, I’ll be here until I go to uni in September and don’t currently have financial support from my parents, but still have contact with them. The government websites information about household income includes “
  • your parents’ income, if you’re under 25 and live with them or depend on them financially
  • your partner’s income, if you’re over 25 and live with them (even if they spend most of their time abroad)

Since I’m under 25 and don’t depend on my parents financially/live with them so that one doesn’t apply to me, and since I’m under 25 the second doesn’t apply either? Also since I haven’t supported myself for 3+ years I don’t fall into the independent category. Does anyone know whether my household income would be mine and my boyfriends or mine and my parents?
Thanks!
Attached files
MedicWil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It would probably be your parents income from what I understand
I'll tag SFE Isaac as he'll be able to advise you better about this
Jpw1097
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Jessbeedle)
Hi all! I’ve recently moved out of my parents to move into a rented flat with my boyfriend which we both pay towards, I’ll be here until I go to uni in September and don’t currently have financial support from my parents, but still have contact with them. The government websites information about household income includes “
  • your parents’ income, if you’re under 25 and live with them or depend on them financially
  • your partner’s income, if you’re over 25 and live with them (even if they spend most of their time abroad)

Since I’m under 25 and don’t depend on my parents financially/live with them so that one doesn’t apply to me, and since I’m under 25 the second doesn’t apply either? Also since I haven’t supported myself for 3+ years I don’t fall into the independent category. Does anyone know whether my household income would be mine and my boyfriends or mine and my parents?
Thanks!
It would be your parents’ income.
Shirohige
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
As above, parents.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Jessbeedle)

Thanks!
Hi Jess, just your parents income. We don't need to know the students income, unless the student has any unearned income or their employer releases them to study.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (594)
49.54%
No (605)
50.46%

Watched Threads