naomi36
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi,
Ive just been notified that I have a PhD place at qub Belfast. But have been notified that the scholarship competition is a separate process. Does anyone have any idea of the process for a dfe studentship
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by naomi36)
Hi,
Ive just been notified that I have a PhD place at qub Belfast. But have been notified that the scholarship competition is a separate process. Does anyone have any idea of the process for a dfe studentship
Take a look here: https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles...y-studentships

You better check with QUB to see when their specific deadline is, because it's usually around this time of year.
naomi36
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I have already applied for the DfE scholarship but I'm really looking to know what the process is
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by naomi36)
I have already applied for the DfE scholarship but I'm really looking to know what the process is
If it's anything like a typical studentship/funding process, your application will be shortlisted, after which you'll be interviewed (either by the funding body, your university's panel, or both), and then you will either be nominated by the university and put forward to the funding body or the funding body will further shortlist you for final consideration. That's all if you're successful at every stage of course!
naomi36
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
If it's anything like a typical studentship/funding process, your application will be shortlisted, after which you'll be interviewed (either by the funding body, your university's panel, or both), and then you will either be nominated by the university and put forward to the funding body or the funding body will further shortlist you for final consideration. That's all if you're successful at every stage of course!
Hi,
I have enquired with qub and they have told me that nominations will be decided early march, I know for northern bridge that they do not have an interview. I am wondering if this is the same for DfE scholarship. I know for Ulster you have to interview
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (61)
13.09%
Virtual campus tours/open days (108)
23.18%
Live streaming events (43)
9.23%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (45)
9.66%
A uni comparison tool (106)
22.75%
An in-person event when available (103)
22.1%