MonoAno555
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Curious to know but it may be a rare case.

Currently im looking to go to uni in 2022 and major in electronic engineering and mechatronics. I have an idea for an AI related startup and would like my brother (who majors in psychology) to help. Since ive heard psychology and ai are related, how much could a psychologist contrbute to the develop and research of the project?
axxxxxa
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Multidisciplinary fields are becoming more common these days. I haven't worked with an engineer for a project per se but hopefully I can give you a rough idea.

With regards to psychology, it depends which branch of psychology you're talking about e.g. social psychology, organisational psychology, cognitive psychology, clinical psychology. I reckon some branches can tie in better with AI/ engineering better than others. Psychology that veers towards cognitive neuroscience have a higher potential of being combined with AI/ engineering in areas such as neuroengineering.

Though I hope someone more experienced can give you a better answer!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (31)
11.36%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (153)
56.04%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (41)
15.02%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (42)
15.38%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
2.2%

Watched Threads