GCSE Business Studies Advice, Help

Watch this thread
og-icon
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello guys so I have chose business for my GCSEs and my exam board is edexcel can anyone please give me tips and advice, If you guys could give me some websites and resources you used it would be great
tiarna1p
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
In my personal experience, gcse business studies was the easiest exam there was to pass - it required barely any revision as at gcse level, all of the content was basically common sense.

If you just make sure to pay attention in class, you shouldn’t find yourself needing much more extra revision time outside of class.

The one thing I would recommend you do is practise and follow to a T the format your teacher provides you with for answering the 6, 9, and 12 marks questions. The exam is marked heavily on whether you include enough points into the longer answers, and so it is always good to follow a format to ensure you are including the relevant amount of points (eg. 2 with an explanation for each in the 6 markers).
og-icon
Rep:
(Original post by tiarna1p)
In my personal experience, gcse business studies was the easiest exam there was to pass - it required barely any revision as at gcse level, all of the content was basically common sense.

If you just make sure to pay attention in class, you shouldn’t find yourself needing much more extra revision time outside of class.

The one thing I would recommend you do is practise and follow to a T the format your teacher provides you with for answering the 6, 9, and 12 marks questions. The exam is marked heavily on whether you include enough points into the longer answers, and so it is always good to follow a format to ensure you are including the relevant amount of points (eg. 2 with an explanation for each in the 6T
Thank you I heard that it is easy
username5458796
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Are you doing coursework?
og-icon
Rep:
(Original post by ruru06)
Are you doing coursework?
Oh no, I am year 9 and picked it for my GCSE that is way I was just getting some early advice and tips
username5458796
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by og-icon)
Oh no, I am year 9 and picked it for my GCSE that is way I was just getting some early advice and tips
Usually in business you start with coursework and it gets graded then at the end of year 11 you do an exam. Your coursework grades are used in your final grades and tbh you can't really get ahead in business without learning which you have to apply everything you learnt to your coursework. Hope this helped
og-icon
Rep:
(Original post by ruru06)
Usually in business you start with coursework and it gets graded then at the end of year 11 you do an exam. Your coursework grades are used in your final grades and tbh you can't really get ahead in business without learning which you have to apply everything you learnt to your coursework. Hope this helped
Hello this helps, but i dont really get what it means by coursework and how it gets graded in year 11 ( sorry but i am quite new to this GCSE stuff)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.44%
The paper was reasonable (133)
36.94%
Not feeling great about that exam... (105)
29.17%
It was TERRIBLE (52)
14.44%

Watched Threads