University of East London - what is it like?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m looking at a course at the University of East London specifically at the dock lands campus and wondered what it was like? I’ve not had the chance to visit but want to know what the unis like, student life, accomodation etc
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Please do not go. I currently study at UEL (university of east london) and it is by far an awful university. The support staff are incompotent. The admin staff-even worse. I am so disappointed by the department I study in, who have treated students with a complete disregard. This is not discussed enough. The teaching is sub-standard, stretching to uninformative. I cannot wait to get out of here. I urge everyone not to study here. Wellbeing and mental health are not valued or even remotely considered. I have worked and studied at better institutes that reply to student emails, exert humanity and give you a better education. I am currently undergoing a complaint. My experience is shared amongst many of my cohort. Please when choosing a university, look at the student support and satisfaction percentage and choose accordingly. I only wish I had.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Hey!

I'm studying at UEL because its the only university in London that offers my course and has high student satisfaction- the teaching team for my programme are supportive and facilities are great!

I agree with the above user tho ik a lot of students on other courses who complain, admin are terrible!! so don't go unless you have a good enough reason like mine.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Please do not go. I currently study at UEL (university of east london) and it is by far an awful university. The support staff are incompotent. The admin staff-even worse. I am so disappointed by the department I study in, who have treated students with a complete disregard. This is not discussed enough. The teaching is sub-standard, stretching to uninformative. I cannot wait to get out of here. I urge everyone not to study here. Wellbeing and mental health are not valued or even remotely considered. I have worked and studied at better institutes that reply to student emails, exert humanity and give you a better education. I am currently undergoing a complaint. My experience is shared amongst many of my cohort. Please when choosing a university, look at the student support and satisfaction percentage and choose accordingly. I only wish I had.
Ok thank you so much for your response. Do you mind me asking what course you’re studying as I’m very limited to the choices for the course I’d like to do and up until now UEL would have been my top choice. I will definitely be rethinking my options
Anonymous #1
Hey!

I'm studying at UEL because its the only university in London that offers my course and has high student satisfaction- the teaching team for my programme are supportive and facilities are great!

I agree with the above user tho ik a lot of students on other courses who complain, admin are terrible!! so don't go unless you have a good enough reason like mine.
Thank you so much for your response! Do you mind me asking what course you’re doing as I’m looking at one which has very limited choice when it comes to unis and before asking on here UEL would have been my top choice
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Ok thank you so much for your response. Do you mind me asking what course you’re studying as I’m very limited to the choices for the course I’d like to do and up until now UEL would have been my top choice. I will definitely be rethinking my options
I am currently doing a conversion course, which like yourself, only limited universities offer. I would definetly look elsewhere although I understand choices are limited. I would advise this as a last resort. In hindsight I wished I had reserached the uni more and come on here to check out feedback. I will be finished this year, but I feel it's my responsibility to inform other students. Its a huge financial comittment and I myself could not afford many options. But I would urge you to apply to somewhere else if you have an option too. Hope this helps.
Anonymous #1
I am currently doing a conversion course, which like yourself, only limited universities offer. I would definetly look elsewhere although I understand choices are limited. I would advise this as a last resort. In hindsight I wished I had reserached the uni more and come on here to check out feedback. I will be finished this year, but I feel it's my responsibility to inform other students. Its a huge financial comittment and I myself could not afford many options. But I would urge you to apply to somewhere else if you have an option too. Hope this helps.
Thank you so much it was really helpful. My other options are London met or uni of west London so will definitely look into them more. Thank you again for all your help!
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Thank you so much for your response! Do you mind me asking what course you’re doing as I’m looking at one which has very limited choice when it comes to unis and before asking on here UEL would have been my top choice
Is under Health,Sports and Biosciences
What course is that?
Anonymous #1
What course is that?
I’m looking at the airline and airport management course
Anonymous #1
What course is that?
I’m looking at the airline and airport management course
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Thank you so much it was really helpful. My other options are London met or uni of west London so will definitely look into them more. Thank you again for all your help!
Definitely look at the student satifaction percentage whatever course you study or university you attend. In my opinion if you can contact post grads from the course you want to attend either on here or maybe twitter or said uni website, they will be able to give you an unbiased account of their experience. I'm glad to help.
UELStudentRep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi!
I think everyone has different opinions and views about the uni but in my experience It is a great University! The residential halls are great and there's always some activity happening and you have opportunities to make a lot of friends, plus you it is located at the campus, so if you have class there it is perfect! You have the DLR located at the dockhands campus too and you can walk to Asda to get your groceries!
If you are interested please check the site for the accommodations https://www.uel.ac.uk/accommodation and if you have any questions about applying and +44 (0) 20 8223 3333 [email protected] . 😊
Anonymous #4
Report 2 weeks ago
I've seen you everywhere in different names, this is embarrassing. I don't even go to the school but at this point it just seems like your bitter or something. Stop scaring people that are considering attending if you have nothing new to say because at this point you're not credible at all.
Anonymous #4
Report 2 weeks ago
I've seen you everywhere in different names, this is embarrassing. I don't even go to the school but at this point it just seems like your bitter or something. Stop scaring people that are considering attending if you have nothing new to say because at this point you're not credible at all.
Btw this is @ the anonymous comment calling the school bad and talking of the administration
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (93)
42.47%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (38)
17.35%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (84)
38.36%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (4)
1.83%

Watched Threads