georgie_5
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I am due to start uni in September 2021. When I have to apply for student finance, I’m unsure on the annual income.

I am 22 (I will be 23 in September) and I have mortgage for my own house that I share with my fiancé. We have held the mortgage for 2 years. My parents do not help me financially but I have contact with them. Who’s income do I put? Since I feel it’s unfair that I don’t get much if I put my parents income and they will not support me financially whilst I’m at university.

However I have been in the same job since July 2018 - so almost 3 years and will be 3 years when I start my course. I would class my income as enough to support myself, does that mean I can be classed as independent?
Last edited by georgie_5; 2 weeks ago
Shirohige
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by georgie_5)
I am due to start uni in September 2021. When I have to apply for student finance, I’m unsure on the annual income.

I am 22 (I will be 23 in September) and I have mortgage for my own house that I share with my fiancé. We have held the mortgage for 2 years. My parents do not help me financially but I have contact with them. Who’s income do I put? Since I feel it’s unfair that I don’t get much if I put my parents income and they will not support me financially whilst I’m at university.

However I have been in the same job since July 2018 - so almost 3 years and will be 3 years when I start my course. I would class my income as enough to support myself, does that mean I can be classed as independent?
If you go down the route of 3 years self support, they will ask for evidence. If your accepted then that's fine but if they deem you didn't earn enough for any part of the three years then you may have to give your parents details.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (594)
49.21%
No (613)
50.79%

Watched Threads